/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
3rd Person Finishers? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

3rd Person Finishers?

I've only been able to get 3rd person finishers in scripted situations but I've seen other players get them in regular combat. Any tips or tricks to get them?

Comments

• The_Mirrors_Edge
    10 posts
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, from my experience you have to use an "F" combo (Or whatever key/button is used for traversal attacks) on the last enemy and then you'll get a finisher. Standard punches and kicks don't seem to activate them.
  • Yeah, from my experience you have to use an "F" combo (Or whatever key/button is used for traversal attacks) on the last enemy and then you'll get a finisher. Standard punches and kicks don't seem to activate them.

That's pretty cool!
  • Tried testing it out with different attack types, positioning, and light vs heavy attacks. I've only managed to get one 3rd person take-down, and it was on a single enemy in the tutorial. Standing right in front of him and mashing the light attack button. It's possible that they only happen in certain scripted battles. I haven't tried finishing the last enemy in a group with a traversal attack, but I'd think that would just result in the 1st person finisher where you land on their chest, right?
  • Think it has to be F combo and I'm pretty sure it only applies to the last enemy left alive in the group.
  • Tried testing it out with different attack types, positioning, and light vs heavy attacks. I've only managed to get one 3rd person take-down, and it was on a single enemy in the tutorial. Standing right in front of him and mashing the light attack button. It's possible that they only happen in certain scripted battles. I haven't tried finishing the last enemy in a group with a traversal attack, but I'd think that would just result in the 1st person finisher where you land on their chest, right?
    PineFoxx wrote: »
    Think it has to be F combo and I'm pretty sure it only applies to the last enemy left alive in the group.

EA and DICE should intentionally create custom finishing moves just because of this thread. I'm even more hype for the game now!
  • The initial takedown you get to perform is quite nice. It would be great if these finishers were highlighted as part of the combat system. Maybe in the form of collectibles or a skill tree?
  • Sounds like a good move to me @Celeste
  • They seem to be random, and I read or seen something that said it was random (maybe in one of those dev diaries). I do know that, excluding the first one in the tutorial, everytime a finisher happened I had the focus bar full (don't know if it's relevant or not). Also, the finishers aren't always in 3rd person.
  • HaraldHoerwick
    137 posts
    edited April 2016
    Hey guys, I figured it all out (I think). So it's possible for it to trigger differently with scripted stuff, but basically: Find a group of 3+ enemies and finish the last enemy using a non-traversal, non-environmental attack. That is, just press light or heavy attack. If you finish the last guy with a traversal attak, or if you finish him by knocking him into something or off a ledge, then it won't trigger.

I tested this during one of the missions where you take down a group of 4 KSECs near one of their destroy-able towers. I would always get the 3rd person finisher if I beat the last enemy in the way I described. Last hit can be light or heavy attack - it doesn't matter. I was facing them as well, not sure whether or not it works when the last attack is from behind them.
  • I'll try this out, I've been avoiding h2h combat but I think it's time to find my flow
  • Gonna test this afterwards when I get back
  • Has anyone figured out how to do the finishing 3rd person special moves?

• I've tried what you said and it hasn't worked for me. On the last guy I would spam with weak attacks or heavy. Tried not to loose any health but that didn't work either
  • It doesn't work for me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but nothing. I've had two 3rd person finishers, but they seemed completely random and they were even in my previous game.
    This guy's got some nice takedowns. I even tried to do the exact moves as him - nothing.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • We were speculating on the topic of 3 person finishers, as far as I'm aware, no one from the dev team confirmed that there was an official finishing move system in place.
  • 3rd*
  • Ash wrote: »
    It doesn't work for me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but nothing. I've had two 3rd person finishers, but they seemed completely random and they were even in my previous game.
    This guy's got some nice takedowns. I even tried to do the exact moves as him - nothing.

This is the same battle where I was testing. You can keep reloading the checkpoint and get a 3rd person finisher on the last guy every time, which is what this guy is doing. It must be just for certain missions, I guess.
  • Ash wrote: »
    It doesn't work for me. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what, but nothing. I've had two 3rd person finishers, but they seemed completely random and they were even in my previous game.

This is the same battle where I was testing. You can keep reloading the checkpoint and get a 3rd person finisher on the last guy every time, which is what this guy is doing. It must be just for certain missions, I guess.

Which battle is it?
  • Which battle is it?

The first antenna you take down, right after Nomad tells you about them.
  • How do you go into 3rd person view
  • How do you go into 3rd person view

It's automatic. If you want to trigger the 3rd person takedown, mash the light attack button on the last enemy.