/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Support cpu Core 2 Quad and AMD Phenom — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Support cpu Core 2 Quad and AMD Phenom

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Support cpu Core 2 Quad and AMD Phenom

Question developers Dice

Why abolished support for these processors?
In the game Star Wars Battlfront support work.

PS Konami and Metal Gear Solid V added support patch.

Support cpu Core 2 Quad and AMD phenomenon?
SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64

Your answer Dice?

Comments

• Toran112
    13 posts
    edited April 2016
    they dosent have any.....No answers has been given to us :/
  • This bloody business !!! Soon, no one will buy accessories for the PC.
    All translation , Xbox, PS4 console.
    Soon Sony and Microsoft will be in gold.

Intel and AMD die. You, too, will buy soon.
  • Dice you will not get my money, I'll buy your disc on sale.
  • StormX10 wrote: »
    This bloody business !!! Soon, no one will buy accessories for the PC.
    All translation , Xbox, PS4 console.
    Soon Sony and Microsoft will be in gold.

Intel and AMD die.
    You, too, will buy soon.

PC will never die. It will always live on.
    There will be outdated PCs, but they can be easily upgraded with better CPU, more RAM, and better graphics card.

Game consoles like PS4 and Xbox One can't be upgraded so they will be replaced with PS5 or Xbox Two some time in the future.

In short, game consoles will be replaced some time in the future while PCs will always be around.

PlayStation: PS1 ---> PS2 ---> PS3 ---> PS4

Xbox: Xbox ---> Xbox 360 ---> Xbox One

PC: PC
  • Can we get a response on this? I don't want to pre-order the game unless I know it's going to work on my PC.
  • There's a reason they aren't supported. I'm pretty sure it's because of engine limitations.

Keep in mind Frostbite Engine is constantly being updated, which is why different Frostbite games have different hardware requirements. You can't expect the game to work on an almost 10-year-old processor.
  • Krydar wrote: »
    There's a reason they aren't supported. I'm pretty sure it's because of engine limitations.

Keep in mind Frostbite Engine is constantly being updated, which is why different Frostbite games have different hardware requirements. You can't expect the game to work on an almost 10-year-old processor.
    They could at least let us know if the game will work on those CPUs though. We shouldn't have to wait for the game to be released in order to find out.
    There's a reason they aren't supported. I'm pretty sure it's because of engine limitations.

They could at least let us know if the game will work on those CPUs though. We shouldn't have to wait for the game to be released in order to find out.

Well, it's 10-year-old hardware, so I don't see why you'd expect it to run the game.

You also have this...
    Well, it's 10-year-old hardware, so I don't see why you'd expect it to run the game.

You also have this...
    Where did you get the "10-year-old hardware" from? My CPU is 6 years old. It runs Battlefield 4 and Star Wars Battlefront with ease, so I'd expect a game using the same engine to work too.
  • GrammaCleric
    4 posts
    edited May 2016
    Krydar wrote: »
    Krydar wrote: »

You also have this...

We are not expecting ME to run on our CPUs, we are merely hoping it will run. We have this hope because of several facts:
    • Not so long ago released games, that use the same engine as ME and even are developed by the same studio are supporting non-SSE-4.1.-CPUS (Battlefront!)
    • Other not so long ago released games did not support above mentioned CPUs initially, but it seemed these games could be easily patched so that they now support these CPUs (MGS V)
    • The authentic appearing yet unofficial statement made by a DICE developer on reddit that the ME final release version will support Phenoms

Again, we do not necessarily expect ME to run on our systems. What we expect is an official statement from DICE whether Phenoms will be supported in the final release or not.

edit: added reddit source thread
    • The authentic appearing yet unofficial statement made by a DICE developer on reddit that the ME final release version will support Phenoms
    Exactly. That post seems to have been made by a developer that goes by the username "slicedlime", but I'd still prefer an official confirmation because I don't want to get my hopes up.