/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
A Handy Shortcut 32.33 sec !?? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

A Handy Shortcut 32.33 sec !??

Teletha
13 posts
edited April 2016
I have no idea how you can score 32sec on this time trial i can bearly reach 46 sec with this run does any1 have any clue on how one does it? cause that's crazy, makes me think if he's cheating somehow?

Comments

• Simplex
    118 posts
    edited April 2016
    Very unlikely that there is cheating involved. Probably a lot of coil jumping or/and perhaps a glitch that a player could find.
    Don't get lost...
  • Simplex wrote: »
    Very unlikely that there is cheating involved. Probably a lot of coil jumping or/and perhaps a glitch that a player could find.

This is probably the case, as most Mirrors Edge (The first game) speed-runs just had an amazing amount of glitching. Not a lot of the glitches from the first game still work, but I know that coil jumping and sidestepping does work still. I for one found out that right click can be abused very creatively.
  • Simplex wrote: »

This is probably the case, as most Mirrors Edge (The first game) speed-runs just had an amazing amount of glitching. Not a lot of the glitches from the first game still work, but I know that coil jumping and sidestepping does work still. I for one found out that right click can be abused very creatively.

I just hope they work these weird movement boost's away to neverland. I don't want to think about where i could have exploited best.
  • On the PS4 one player finished it in 16 seconds, then the 2nd had it at like 43 secs, haha!
  • They definitely are using bugs and exploits. A MEC Level Designer (in another thread) has already confirmed that "A Handy Shortcut" requires the Mag Rope gadget in order to legitimately 3-star. All these sub-40 times that you're seeing are the result of Coil Jumping and other exploits to make the time.
  • Here's a video of a legit 3-stars, he barely used coil jumping too.

This guy (or girl? :P) finished in 44 secs, so obviously there's something very weird about that 16 secs time on the PS4. I've read it has something to do with killing yourself so it spawns you near the end of the trial, but i haven't seen a video showing it.
  • Kinomoto wrote:
    Here's a video of a legit 3-stars, he barely used coil jumping too.

Now see, that's a Time Trial run I can get behind. Still not sure how they managed a 44.xx timed run though. I've used that same exact path multiple times and still am pushing 50s+ times on there. Where they're shaving off 6 seconds from the run I use, I just have no idea.
  • Kinomoto wrote: »
    This guy (or girl? :P) finished in 44 secs, so obviously there's something very weird about that 16 secs time on the PS4. I've read it has something to do with killing yourself so it spawns you near the end of the trial, but i haven't seen a video showing it.

Yeah, that 16 second time was me. I posted about it on these very forums:
    https://forums.mirrorsedge.com/discussion/1339/game-breaking-bug-respawn-at-dash-finish-point?new=1
    There's a video of it and everything. Obviously, I would love if they fixed it before the actual release. I can't imagine they wouldn't. I knew plenty of people would be upset seeing records gotten through glitches like that, but it's better it's during the beta and not after release.