/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Will Beta saves carry over to full game? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Will Beta saves carry over to full game?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Will Beta saves carry over to full game?

I completed all of the storyline available in the beta and have done quite a few of the other things available like delivery missions. I just wondered if this data will carry on to the actual game or if my progress will be reset.

Comments

• Duplicate post, probably best if you delete this one or it'll just get removed for spam anyway.
  • Whoops, not sure why it posted twice. I can't actually delete it though so I might just have to wait for a mod/admin to remove it.
  • Most likely not, never had a beta save my progress for an actual game. Although the game can hold save files somewhere which could be copied manually and pasted in the actual release.

Worst case scenario you will have to go through the awesome beginning again :D
    Don't get lost...
  • Hollz100
    17 posts
    edited April 2016
    I'm more than okay with doing the story again but I ended up with a few upgrade points and wanted to know if it was worth trying to stack up some more or if it would all be deleted anyway.
  • There's no way any of it will carry over; don't waste your time.
  • Everything you do in Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta will be wiped. You will start fresh in Mirror's Edge Catalyst on the official release.
    GAMEPLAY PROGRESS, ACHIEVEMENTS, CHARACTERS, CHARACTER DATA AND/OR ANY OTHER VALUE OR STATUS INDICATORS ACHIEVED THROUGH GAMEPLAY IN THE BETA WILL NOT TRANSFER TO MIRRORS EDGE CATALYST.

Link: mirrorsedge.com/news/beta-date-announce
  • Beta's typically never carry over saves, they are used only for testing purposes to make sure everything is coming together ok. It allows a larger group to test things out and possibly find bugs that wouldn't be found. 1 person playing the beta over 5 hours is 5 hours of testing, 10,000 people playing the beta over 5 hours is 50,000 hours of testing. More hours = more bugs found = less bugs at release. We are just extended family of the developers to help fix and shape a game that we love.

Our part was finding the bugs in the game, while the developers did their part on checking the server loads to ensure it could handle the initial user base so we can all play on day 1.

Progress and leaderboards have to be wiped as there was a glitch in the game that allowed 15 second dashes on "A Handy Shortcut" where it should have been no less than 30 seconds (being generous as the fastest legit one that I saw was 42 seconds). That is a game breaking bug that the developers may not have found during their testing and would have turned away a lot of the release user base.

Upgrade points will be easy to get again, I managed to restart the game and fully upgrade the progression ladder as much as possible within an hour. A little fast in my opinion considering that's over half of the upgrades.