/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
I hope this game is not THAT short — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

I hope this game is not THAT short

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

I hope this game is not THAT short

I've played the beta so far and after 4 main missions I'm already at 25%. It really scares me, because I wanted to pre-order this but I don't want this game if it's really this short. After waiting 8 years I don't want to be disappointed like this, it's just not funny.

Comments

• It's like sonic, complete in about an hour, replayable for eternity. It works for me.
  • I was hoping the main story alone would be at least 15 hours, not even counting side missions, collectibles, etc. I'm hoping that percentage is inaccurate.
  • I agree with this, I really hope it will be longer, a bit more like how the original one was. I realize they are perhaps focusing more on the social aspect, with being able to create trials and run other people's trials, but I'm not sure that's the main aspect many of the people that liked the original are looking for.
  • Same as you guys. I'm really excited about MEC and I can't wait to get my preorder, but I'll be really disappointed if game is short. That was the problem with the original ME. I loved it, but after every playthrough I wished it was way longer.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • Its probs how much of the beta you've done or something because they don't want you to know anything about length of the story until later, maybe
  • The percentage jumped up for me to 28% when I did runs and hacked boards. As TastyScotty9 suggests I think that is beta completion percentage, not representative of the whole game.
  • 28% represent the % of main and side missions...too short in my opinion. I hope the final game has at least 10 hours of main story and not only 4 or 6.
  • Haneane
    6 posts
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, I hope it will be longer. But I probably gonna buy it anyway lol, I just really love Mirror's Edge.
  • I play the first game 45 times, and i want play it again so if is that replayable it works for me but, i want a long story too.
  • I hope this game is REALLY long! Because I will be playing it for hours on end.
    Mirror's Edge is love. Mirror's Edge is life.
  • If you played as Icarus, you would have 15 hours of story. But since you are playing as me, it won't be that long!
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • If you played as Icarus, you would have 15 hours of story. But since you are playing as me, it won't be that long!

Lmao. What is Icarus even doing? He can go away. His place can take Celeste.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."