/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Dynamic Weather Cycle — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Dynamic Weather Cycle

JesseOcegueda
44 posts
edited April 2016
You guys have Dynamic Time of Day, but I feel strongly that you guys should have Dynamic Weather. You guys want to make it feel as if it's a real world, right? Change the weather! It would be amazing and I think look amazing to have a cloudy, foggy, rain in the city. To have rain drops sliding down Windows and slanted objects, to have everything glistening and wet, to have the people around the city start holding an umbrella as they walk or stand. Instead of always having a blue clear sky 24/7 .

Comments

• Simplex
    118 posts
    edited April 2016
    This is actually something definitely worth mentioning. Since day cycle changes based on the story missions, I'm almost positive that they will have weather cycle somewhere along the way too, to set up a mood during a story or something like that. Not sure how it's going to work after the storyline.
    They already have rain assets ready from the beginning of the game.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
    Don't get lost...
  • I can already imagine the fog killing my frame rate, nah but really dynamic weather would be cool.
  • This is game is the first prototype smart city simulation as far as I see it. Any dynamic weather or any dynamic change applications are in the works if not already being tested.
  • I would like to have dynamic weather cycle in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. It would be a cool effect to see while playing the game.
  • Actually some time ago @LinneaHarrison wrote in this topic: https://forums.mirrorsedge.com/discussion/comment/4272/#Comment_4272 That we will see not only Day/Night Cycle, but also weather changes.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • A light rain in Glass would look gorgeous.