/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Teeth look horrible — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Teeth look horrible

JesseOcegueda
44 posts
edited April 2016
The Team that worked on this game did an outstanding job on lighting, and I know they said they did a lot of research and fine tuning the lighting in the game. But just one thing I can't help but talk about is that the NPC's have gross teeth. In the cutscenes, they look super dingy and gray, while everything else besides the mouth looks beautiful and crisp. Did no one notice that everyone looks like they've never seen a toothbrush? I don't understand what's going on here but I really do think they should fix it. It's like watching a blockbuster movie and all of the sudden when they open their mouth it looks like they just got done sucking on black licorice. I'm not trying to bash here because the game looks amazing, I just can't get over the teeth. I almost can't get through and pay attention to cutscenes that look wonderful without staring at their teeth the whole time.

Comments

• OK. So it's not just me. I was playing the game and I asked my wife "why does everyone look like they have braces?"
  • Most games have this problem, i dont get it why devs make high resolution rocks etc on the ground but not decent looking mouth models...
  • Not sure if it's possible at this point but there should be custom grill options to make up for the poorly rendered teeth! I can see it now: "Accessorize your faith."
  • This is the first thing I notice. Characters are rendered really decent, but the mouth, the teeth... :(
    MIRROR'S EDGE Catalyst - SOON! Beta was great, thanks EA[/b]bel57_sign_GG.png[/center]
  • Actually a lot of other games have been known to suffer from glowing mouths as devs put a lightsource in the mouth to counter this. A lightsource in the mouth looks very unnatural of course, mind you shadowed teeth are just as odd looking as we've found. Agreed it looks like braces for some reason.
  • MEC_Beta_closeup_face.jpg
    Should be improved. Here what it looks like. Screenshot taken few hours ago by me.
    MIRROR'S EDGE Catalyst - SOON! Beta was great, thanks EA[/b]bel57_sign_GG.png[/center]
  • Thank you for the screenshot! That's exactly what I'm talking about
  • I noticed this, a little brighter but not so bright that our lips are fluoro and teeth glowing like the sun - that's just as freaky!
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • At first I thought the teeth looked a little off, but now that I look at it again they don't look that unnatural.
  • They look right on this screenshot, but it sure looks wrong on other pics.
  • bel57 wrote: »
    MEC_Beta_closeup_face.jpg
    Should be improved. Here what it looks like. Screenshot taken few hours ago by me.

I hadn't gotten the chance to play Mirror's Edge Catalyst yet as the Closed Beta kept crashing on me, so I didn't see how horrible the teeth are in game.
    This creeped me out a bit.

The teeth in game needs to improve.
  • Am I the only one who isn't bothered by teeth? Imo, it doesn't even look that bad.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."