/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
No Wallboosting in Mirror's Edge Catalyst — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

No Wallboosting in Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

No Wallboosting in Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Comments

• DICE, please add wallboosting
  • exiz
    2 posts
    edited April 2016
    am i the only who thinks that is something good?
  • Boohoo.
  • DZLE
    5 posts
    edited April 2016
    You're just repeating the same clip of Mirror's Edge Catalyst over and over to validate your point, but the video comparison is bad because you're not showing the diversity in Mirror's Edge Catalyst's areas. I understand the difference in skill gap and the high degree of skill required to speedrun Mirror's Edge . However, I feel having all these exploits caters to a smaller group of players and would take away from the social aspect Mirror's Edge Catalyst is pushing towards. The Shift mechanic, proper routing, timing jumps, coiling over objects, and precision should be the main focus rather than a series of exploits.
  • Big part of the forum community wants to get rid of coil jumping and overall exploits. I really doubt devs will actually add an exploit to the game on purpose.
    Don't get lost...
  • This game is about community and fighting the man. We gotta allow for an environment that's conducive to social interaction if we're gonna see the change we want.
  • if we wanna see the change that we want*
  • Maybe we should start a riot to remove the exploits because if we don't, the corporations will RULE our lives!
    Don't get lost...
  • Eeroz
    87 posts
    edited April 2016
    What are you guys talking about? It's there, but it's very minimal.

There is another glitch present, however.
  • Glad its gone.
  • Lol Nulaft. Gonna have to find yourself some new speedrun tricks mate.
    Run
  • Simplex wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a riot to remove the exploits because if we don't, the corporations will RULE our lives!

Isn't this what the game is all about? Fight the system!
  • faethflex wrote: »
    Simplex wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a riot to remove the exploits because if we don't, the corporations will RULE our lives!

I must have been extremely tired when I wrote that, keeping the exploits is what I meant xD
    Don't get lost...
  • Simplex wrote: »
    faethflex wrote: »
    Simplex wrote: »

I must have been extremely tired when I wrote that, keeping the exploits is what I meant xD

The forums have been keeping me up at night, I too was tired when I posted that
  • Why should they deliberately add an exploit to the game? That just seems silly. Keep it out, and get rid of the Coil Jump exploit as well. The less exploits and more pure running that are in the game, the better.