/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Let's take a moment to come to together Mirror's Edge Fans...❤️ <3 — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Let's take a moment to come to together Mirror's Edge Fans...❤️ <3

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Let's take a moment to come to together Mirror's Edge Fans...❤️ <3

As we all know, Today the beta ends... And reviews are still coming in and I hope they allow it until release as well. But just reading everything that people have said in these forums and comments, all the concerns and suggestions and care everyone has provided just goes to show how much love we truly have for this game. How amazing this fan base is. This is more than just another plastic CD disc on shelves that companies put out to make some money, we all believe in Mirror's Edge! We care about this game deep to our bones and we want it to accomplish big things on release and we want it to do good! This wasn't some other game beta where people are bashing it left and right and complaining about it, it really felt like a family get together discussing what can we do to help, how can we make this game better. I've never seen any other fan base so loving and caring as this! Literally! We all share deep concern and compassion for this game, we all have high hopes for it. And yeah our deep concern can lead to light arguments about if the game is ready or not, or if the date of the game should be pushed back. It's just our romance for this game. But no matter what the out come is for this game, to horrible reviews all the way to the game of the year, I know that this fan base will back it up no matter what. I'm truly blown away by the support this game has, it makes me happy to be apart of something much deeper than a fan base, We are family in way. ❤️ I know that's cheesy haha but it's true! #MirrorsEdgeForever

Comments

• Ash
    99 posts
    edited April 2016
    Aww, don't gush.
    But honestly tho, I agree with you. I see that people truly care for Mirror's Edge and it makes me happy. Many people, me included, have waited for this game for years. Some people are becoming its fans right now and yet, we all care for Catalyst to become amazing.
    Sometimes when I read forums of other games I see only flamewars with "my opinion is better, yours wrong". I'm glad nothing like that happens here. We all try to be civil even if we have different opinions.
    I hope it won't change, because right now I'm really glad to be a part of this community.

And well... see you in Glass <3
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • @Ash i totally agree with you! Other forums and communities always seem to have those groups of people who derail threads or just plain post **** stuff, i've only joined this forum now because of the Catalyst Beta and it's great! You guys are great... WE are great! And the developers are too for creating such an unique experience.

I'm so glad this game is finally coming out, i never thought i'd see another Mirror's Edge. <3
  • I came here to keep cool, because there will be a lot of fans gathering here :)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • bel57
    8 posts
    edited April 2016
    I joined because I see we have a really great community here, hope we won't have all the rage bashing things coming when the game will be out. People should understand posting positive feedbacks and thoughts is far more useful than saying 'I hate you, this game sucks, forget the cheaters blah blah'.
    I mean, keeping united in a good mood. :)

See you in Glass, fellow Messengers/Runners. ♥
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
    MIRROR'S EDGE Catalyst - SOON! Beta was great, thanks EA[/b]bel57_sign_GG.png[/center]
  • I agree with everyone here. This community is amazing. :)
  • Ash wrote: »
    Aww, don't gush.
    But honestly tho, I agree with you. I see that people truly care for Mirror's Edge and it makes me happy. Many people, me included, have waited for this game for years. Some people are becoming its fans right now and yet, we all care for Catalyst to become amazing.
    Sometimes when I read forums of other games I see only flamewars with "my opinion is better, yours wrong". I'm glad nothing like that happens here. We all try to be civil even if we have different opinions.
    I hope it won't change, because right now I'm really glad to be a part of this community.

And well... see you in Glass <3

"I see that people truly care for Mirror's Edge and it makes me happy. Many people, me included, have waited for this game for years. Some people are becoming its fans right now and yet, we all care for Catalyst to become amazing."

So true bro.

• So true bro.

Sis* tho. ;)
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • Ash wrote: »

So true bro.

Sis* tho. ;)

Oh sorry lol. :)
  • Anoh
    60 posts
    edited April 2016
    Great post @JesseOcegueda !

This is the most civilized and mature community I have ever seen for a game.

Very glad to be appart of it, everyone giving constructive feedback, feels great! :)

This isn't your average game, this IS Mirror's Edge!

I really hope everyone gets their expectations met with Catalyst, as it's been 8 years (my god has time gone by!) since I've been waiting for another Mirror's Edge, after the PHENOMENAL first one.

Good to see old fans "Still Alive" ;)

See you all in Glass! :kissing_heart:

• I am definitely surprised, I've gone through so many suggestions and while some people have some complaints, others are coming in behind them and defining further on what could or should be done to fix it, everything is constructive and it's been great to be a part of this community and help flesh out the finished product.
  • I didn't really get the chance to try out Mirror's Edge Catalyst Closed Beta as it just crashes on me whenever I launch it, but I'm totally looking forward to getting Mirror's Edge Catalyst (when it's on sale). ;)

I have the same passion for Mirror's Edge series as I do with Need For Speed series and Tomb Raider series.