/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Easter egg — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Easter egg

Anyone else notice that the building that Birdman lives on top of is extremely similar inside to the building that you find the first runner bag in from the first mirrors edge? There's also the same writing on the wall in the first game and in this one that says "Any1 see L? Leave mark plz" "soorry gl!! :("

Comments

• Yeah, that was quite cool as far as a reference to the original, but my favourite easter egg was on the loading screen, about a giant rat.
  • Daneran wrote: »
    Yeah, that was quite cool as far as a reference to the original, but my favourite easter egg was on the loading screen, about a giant rat.

"If you see a rat the size of a car, you're playing the wrong game."
  • Daneran wrote: »
    Yeah, that was quite cool as far as a reference to the original, but my favourite easter egg was on the loading screen, about a giant rat.

But then again that is not an easter egg since it happens so many times now is it? But it is a reference to a ME1 Easter egg so I guess you can count it as one. You can shoot with a sniper in ME1 and if you shoot the correct things a huge rat runs through the street.
  • GeoffreyOmega
    92 posts
    edited July 2016
    Blayer98 wrote: »
    Daneran wrote: »

I wonder if there's an actual giant rat easter egg in it, like in the first game. We should make a list of all nine dot logo to figured it out.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    Yes, during the last mission. A video was posted somewhere here.
  • ****, i never thought of jumping on the rails to see that rat. i also didnt know that in part 1 there was one.
  • Blayer98 wrote: »

I wonder if there's an actual giant rat easter egg in it, like in the first game. We should make a list of all nine dot logo to figured it out.

Yes it is, it replaces a train this time
  • GeoffreyOmega
    92 posts
    edited July 2016
    Mathew wrote: »
    Blayer98 wrote: »

Yes it is, it replaces a train this time

Thank you, I already noticed.
    I also noticed the rat doesn't have animations, it could have been implemented better I think, like some GodziRat in the background of the city.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    It's just here for fun (seems that console versions don't have it) and to prevent to go too far.

In the first game, you can see it just after "snipe the truck".
  • Itsvaizor wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the building that Birdman lives on top of is extremely similar inside to the building that you find the first runner bag in from the first mirrors edge? There's also the same writing on the wall in the first game and in this one that says "Any1 see L? Leave mark plz" "soorry gl!! :("

Is NO ONE else bothered by the fact that, while the places /are/ similar, the vent and walls are on opposite sides in both games???