/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Location of the City of Glass — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Location of the City of Glass

This has always been a question to me since the first Mirrors Edge Game. The general location of the city the events of the game take place in are not specified and not too many people really talk about it.

The original Mirrors Edge city is a huge mystery...mainly because of how non-specific the game is of where the location is. The only clues that are in the game that can answer this question is the map in the game. And seeing how it is a port city, located near a huge body of water and contains a distant and distinct mountain. It has lead me to believe that the city is located in either Seattle Tokyo or Stockholm.

The City of Glass however has a much bigger backstory than the previous city. The "Introduction to the City of Glass" found on the Mirrors Edge Website specifies that the city of Glass is a major port city in Cascadia (a proposed country on the North West coast of the United States). This probably means that the City of Glass is actually Seattle.

I'm not too sure. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Comments

• Mirror's Edge: New Eden, ???
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst: Glass, Cascadia
  • WheelchairNinja
    1 posts
    edited April 2016
    Seeing as it's mentioned that The Shard was constructed in 2012--and then a skyscraper called The Shard really did get built in London that year--I headcanoned that was where Mirror's Edge took place. It even looks like an ME building: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Shard_from_the_Sky_Garden_2015.jpg
  • https://imgur.com/a/Yyj1c

Interesting Find. On the Elysium Labs mission, when Noah pulls up the information on Elysium Labs, it displays a set of coordinates that lead to Stockholms Centre when typed into a map.
  • FaithConnors
    133 posts
    edited October 2016
    I know this is a really old post now, but Glass is in South East Australia located in the same spot as a city called "Eden" (probably why they call things New Eden). Use the sea level rise map and turn up the sea level to the max 60m. Even the bay has a similar feel I think
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • I know this is a really old post now, but Glass is in South East Australia located in the same spot as a city called "Eden" (probably why they call things New Eden). Use the sea level rise map and turn up the sea level to the max 60m. Even the bay has a similar feel I think

Okay I'm late to read this post. hehe. Can you share us the link? Sounds interesting...
    I am Iman.
  • If you go to the website, check the intel section it shows a map of the country, and im 100% certain its set in future Australia, comparing maps, the maps are exactly the same, Tasmania is down the bottom, its obvious, its just the water levels have risen and there are in land portions of water that have been created, the country outlines are exactly the same, the markings too...
  • Yeah just search for sea level rise map in Google and compare to the one on the MEC website :-P South Eastern Australia
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • FaithConnors
    133 posts
    edited October 2016
    http://flood.firetree.net/

14608676_647532568751741_141340791555285138_o.jpg

It's a little stretched I guess but you get the idea ;p
  • ImUrFriend
    167 posts
    edited October 2016
    Fun Fact, Main voice actress for Faith is Faye Kingslee who was born in.. wait for it......
    Australia! XD
    Later she grew up in Sarawak, Malaysia for many years before moving to Hollywood.
    I guess that's where the idea came into making Cascadia.
    I am Iman.
  • Chen wrote: »
    ...in either Seattle Tokyo or Stockholm.

Where is Seattle Tokyo? I can't find it on Google Maps. Is it from a book or TV show?

• I'm guessing he missed a comma between those two :-)
  • I'm guessing he missed a comma between those two :-)
    Seattle Tokyo is in Saudi Arabia.

I am Iman.