/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Should the game have more story line — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Should the game have more story line

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Should the game have more story line

well I think the first game was ok but it need more story line but this game also needs more as well for a longer game would be nice I beat the first game in 3 hours because how short the story line was

Comments

• you've only played the first part of the game! :D give it time... the rest will come :) stay faithful!

also if you are looking for more story, feel free to check out the Exordium comics! They follow Faith's story leading up to Catalyst :)
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/exordium
    Level Artist - Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst
    I fight for the users!
  • In my opinion the main story should be at least 8-10 hours long.
  • FaithConnors
    133 posts
    edited May 2016
    I didn't know that when I looked into that shattered mirror I would clone myself... ;p Idk how long the story will be in total but for normal players probably around 6-8hrs according to various peoples' guesses XD
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • My two cents: I couldn't care less about the story, and the less story, the better. This isn't an RPG. :)
  • MECTester wrote: »
    My two cents: I couldn't care less about the story, and the less story, the better. This isn't an RPG. :)

A game doesn't have to be an RPG in order to have a story, in fact many RPG's have rather mediocre stories... :/

I believe this game will have a good story. If we didn't want a story, DICE might as well make Parkour Simulator 2017.
  • Ash
    99 posts
    edited May 2016
    MECTester wrote: »
    My two cents: I couldn't care less about the story, and the less story, the better. This isn't an RPG. :)

Many games that aren't RPGs have an amazing storyline. The Last of Us wasn't an rpg and yet, had an amazing story. Same with Life Is Strange, Uncharted series as well and so on. I can add even more examples, but it's not needed.
    And in fact, most of RPGs nowadays have a bad and cliche story. Nothing original. Something with big ancient evil where you play as some special snowflake that needs to save the world. Give me a break.
    I hope Catalyst won't disappoint with storyline.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."