/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Music while Running — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Music while Running

Woldaren
0 posts
edited May 2016
Just wanted to say that I have already fallen in love with this Game. Never have I pre-ordered a game, feeling so secure about that I'll absolutely love it. I was just thinking though. How are the soundtracks used in the game? As Background Music while running? (I'd love if you could choose this, putting on some in-game ear-pods whenever you wanna enjoy the music combined with free-running). Will it be played during certain moments in the game, cut-scenes and or more meaningful missions? Only in the Menu perhaps?

Racing-games for example wouldn't give close to the same feeling if there wasn't any soundtracks in the game. Only My opinion. I would just love to run across the rooftops, putting on music while doing it and just start exploring the City. Any chance my wishes might come true?

Comments

• I agree, outside of missions it would be perfect if we could have a music player (supposedly emitted via the audio receiver which we hear Noah's' voice from?) and a selectable (unlockable?) soundtrack.

If the open world music is always what we heard in the beta, then this would be a significant feature because so much time will be spent in open world, even long after completing the story, for many of us.
  • I think this is a great idea, I really like games that have the different radio stations with music of all types classical, dupstep, techno etc.
  • I will probably listen to my own music when running Glass. I find Drum 'n' Bass to be very good for the occasion, but the new DOOM soundtrack is very adrenaline pumping aswell. I hope they have some ambient music in game to add to the atmosphere the city breathes.
  • There is ambient music based on what you're doing. If you running there's gonna be a sort of percussive soundtrack. If you stand still the music will be more peaceful.

At 1:30 he explains music.
  • I remember seeing this video and the part about the music I thought was a stroke of genius!
    Lorn Maverick
  • Morgatron
    27 posts
    edited May 2016
    Harryvan wrote: »
    I will probably listen to my own music when running Glass. I find Drum 'n' Bass to be very good for the occasion, but the new DOOM soundtrack is very adrenaline pumping aswell. I hope they have some ambient music in game to add to the atmosphere the city breathes.
    DOOM music in Mirror's Edge? I can't tell if that would be awesome, or just out of place... I downloaded the entire DOOM soundtrack, (I LOVE THE GAME) but I don't think it would fit well with Mirror's edge... That might just be me however, since I usually don't care about metal music (Doom 2016 is the exception). Since you mentioned it though, I'm probably gonna try it.