/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
I'd love to play :) — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

I'd love to play :)

I don't have money to buy a PC. What I do have however, is WINESKIN and I'd love to port the game so I could play it on my Mac. Could this be a possibility at the release and if not, sometime in the future (either a stand alone Mac version or a way to port it through WINE?)

Comments

• No. Macs aren't powerful enough for gaming. Especially not this game. I'm not even 100% sure my PC is ready( 4k)
  • Mwyatt139
    8 posts
    edited May 2016
    :( awww. I've been able to play WoW and ESO. Unless this game has a totally different grapics engine compared to WoW. Guess I'll dream for the future :)
    Post edited by Mwyatt139 on
  • nsmckinney wrote: »
    No. Macs aren't powerful enough for gaming. Especially not this game. I'm not even 100% sure my PC is ready( 4k)

Mac computers are plenty powerful enough for gaming, please don't spread false information.

Are they going to be pushing full settings? Probably not.
    Mwyatt139 wrote: »
    I don't have money to buy a PC. What I do have however, is WINESKIN and I'd love to port the game so I could play it on my Mac. Could this be a possibility at the release and if not, sometime in the future (either a stand alone Mac version or a way to port it through WINE?)

You're not going to be able to run this game in Wine though, at least not easily and for awhile. You're much better off using bootcamp and partitioning your drive. This way you can boot into Windows on your Mac and be able to play the game. I'm not sure if your specific Mac computer has the minimum specs though so you'll want to check that out.

• I think it does but I don't have a copy of Windows to install :( I really hope they release a version for Mac sometime. Until then, a girl can dream