/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
ME:C Launch Trailer is here! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

ME:C Launch Trailer is here!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r6GQEtUREWY

Released yesterday. There were definitely some cool moments/locations shown off here. A bit of new story and audio as well, I think. Thoughts? Anyone care to join me on the hype train?

Comments

• iggy_nai_jiggah123
    5 posts
    edited May 2016
    I think the beginning part where faith is sliding looked really cool because of how futuristic and glossy it was.The area that had grass and a tree looked really interesting too. As for story I like how it's clear that the runners are different to the full on rebels and don't want to just shoot Gabriel krugers right hand woman.
  • What I like most about this trailer is the visuals - they look much better than the beta graphics.
  • I really liked the trailer, especially the music. Graphics look hella better than what we got in beta, but I hope game won't look that pretty only on some high-end pc, but on consoles as well.
    The City itself looks... I don't know, maybe a bit too futuristic imo. Glass in the original ME looked like a normal city, but the new Glass? It seems we jumped few decades forward. I gotta admit, I prefer Glass' visuals from the previous game. It had a nice atmosphere.
    But I'm still excited about the game and can't wait to get my preorder.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • I think the beginning part where faith is sliding looked really cool because of how futuristic and glossy it was.The area that had grass and a tree looked really interesting too. As for story I like how it's clear that the runners are different to the full on rebels and don't want to just shoot Gabriel krugers right hand woman.

Totally agree
  • Ash wrote: »
    I really liked the trailer, especially the music. Graphics look hella better than what we got in beta, but I hope game won't look that pretty only on some high-end pc, but on consoles as well.
    The City itself looks... I don't know, maybe a bit too futuristic imo. Glass in the original ME looked like a normal city, but the new Glass? It seems we jumped few decades forward. I gotta admit, I prefer Glass' visuals from the previous game. It had a nice atmosphere.

Yeah, fingers crossed on the graphics. I have it pre-ordered on XB1 so I'm gonna have the worst of it on that end. As for the city, I'm a sucker for futuristic, ultra-modern aesthetics, so I actually like the new Glass better. It sort of feels like a combination of the visuals from first game and the abstract DLC areas, but a bit more sleek. At first I was worried that it looked a little too clean to fit with Faith's line in the first game: "The city used to pulse with energy. Dirty and dangerous, but alive and wonderful". But the Downtown district and especially the ground level segment in the tutorial still gave me that dirty, real, lived-in vibe.
  • Yes you really can see the graphics improvement from the beta, I took a snapshot of the same area shown in the new trailer and in the beta, you can see it's the same shot because of the building in the background to the left with the two antenna's

3rl91.png
    65wv1l.png

You can see a big change, it looks really good!
  • Yes you really can see the graphics improvement from the beta, I took a snapshot of the same area shown in the new trailer and in the beta, you can see it's the same shot because of the building in the background to the left with the two antenna's

3rl91.png
    65wv1l.png

Ohhh nice find! I'm surprised to see how much it has changed. I'm wondering how old of a build that beta was compared to what we're getting on release. On a different note I hope these improvements and changes do not affect PC performance. I was getting a solid 60-70 FPS max settings in 2k and I would hate to drop under that any.
  • Cole wrote: »
    Yes you really can see the graphics improvement from the beta, I took a snapshot of the same area shown in the new trailer and in the beta, you can see it's the same shot because of the building in the background to the left with the two antenna's

3rl91.png
    65wv1l.png

Ohhh nice find! I'm surprised to see how much it has changed. I'm wondering how old of a build that beta was compared to what we're getting on release. On a different note I hope these improvements and changes do not affect PC performance. I was getting a solid 60-70 FPS max settings in 2k and I would hate to drop under that any.

If previous DICE games are any indication, Star Wars Battlefront had some signifigant performance improvements from the Beta to release. I don't know first hand because I upgraded from a laptop to a gaming PC in between.
  • KSetay wrote: »
    Cole wrote: »
    Yes you really can see the graphics improvement from the beta, I took a snapshot of the same area shown in the new trailer and in the beta, you can see it's the same shot because of the building in the background to the left with the two antenna's

3rl91.png
    65wv1l.png

If previous DICE games are any indication, Star Wars Battlefront had some signifigant performance improvements from the Beta to release. I don't know first hand because I upgraded from a laptop to a gaming PC in between.

I'm stuck on laptop because I have my mom's and my dad's house :( At least it runs MEC right?
  • Ash wrote: »
    I really liked the trailer, especially the music. Graphics look hella better than what we got in beta, but I hope game won't look that pretty only on some high-end pc, but on consoles as well.

I'm hyped too and the release trailer only strengthened that hype, especially with that pretty new Elysium building oh la la :smiley:

On the part about the city looking too futuristic, I'm pretty sure Glass in both the original and Catalyst are stylistically based off Tokyo (if you've seen some downtown areas in Tokyo, you'll probably know what I mean). This would also explain the sometimes crowded buildings and structures, as they are a result of extreme overpopulation within the confined space. The first game was more modern while Catalyst is near future. There are areas in Tokyo, however, even now that give off that same catalyst vibe.

Going to link to an imgur album of examples so I don't spam the wall with physical images. I present, Tokyo:
    http://imgur.com/a/0TQyE

• Curious - which of all the trailers that we've shown did you like the most?
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst Community Manager
  • Vincent0K wrote: »
    Curious - which of all the trailers that we've shown did you like the most?

The Anchor wins it all in my opinion. The second one is The Downtown and the third one, The View.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • Otchum
    39 posts
    edited June 2016
    Well, the "I am Faith" story trailer from february was the best IMO. Mostly because we see Faith as a real human with flaws and struggles, as she almost cries in front of Dogen at the beginning, gets lectured by Noah about how she never thinks and also gets taunted by Rebecca and Icarus. It brought her closer to me - to us, I should say. Oh, and of course because of the ending - at that pour sentinel's expense.

Right after that comes the 2013 E3 debut trailer because it's still so dynamic.

All the rest of the trailers equally after that. I like them all.
  • Vincent0K wrote: »
    Curious - which of all the trailers that we've shown did you like the most?

The "I am Faith" trailer was cool because it gave us a glimpse of the game's story, but my favorite is "Why We Run." The way it flows together and works with the trailer's score makes it feel cinematic and overall amazing.

• Mukar wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »

I'm hyped too and the release trailer only strengthened that hype, especially with that pretty new Elysium building oh la la :smiley:

On the part about the city looking too futuristic, I'm pretty sure Glass in both the original and Catalyst are stylistically based off Tokyo (if you've seen some downtown areas in Tokyo, you'll probably know what I mean). This would also explain the sometimes crowded buildings and structures, as they are a result of extreme overpopulation within the confined space. The first game was more modern while Catalyst is near future. There are areas in Tokyo, however, even now that give off that same catalyst vibe.

Going to link to an imgur album of examples so I don't spam the wall with physical images. I present, Tokyo:
    http://imgur.com/a/0TQyE

Those are really cool pictures! It does look really similar.
    Lorn Maverick