/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Love Interest? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Love Interest?

Curious if anyone thinks the developers are going to try to build any type of love relationships with the characters in the game as part of Faith's story?

Faith x Nomad or Faith x Icarus ? lol

I can't say I'm against the idea but I'm usually not a fan of it when it's the sole purpose of a story line, which I'm assuming isn't the case here.

Comments

• I don't think that's going to happen :p
  • Maybe even a love triangle...

Seriously though if there's gonna be any love interest at all, It will probably have an inconsiderable effect to the main story.
  • Ash
    99 posts
    I hope not. It would be pretty cheap and cliche. Usually something like that ruins storyline and a character. Unless it's an RPG where we can literally play our OWN character and choose WHICH LI we want. And honestly, I don't want to see Faith with a guy. I just can't imagine her with one. But with a girl? Sure.
    But yet again, everyone has their tastes and preferences, so let's not force something like that on some people who might not like it one bit.
    "The Flow is what keeps us running... keeps us alive."
  • TwinB
    8 posts
    edited May 2016
    Theres this interview from last year

https://gotgame.com/2015/09/07/interview-with-mirrors-edge-catalyst-narrative-director-christopher-emgard/
    Jeffrey – Will Faith have a romantic love interest in the game or the comic?

Christofer – Uh, we – let’s not reveal anything about that.

This basically confirms that there will be a love interest relationship of some kind.
  • Otchum
    39 posts
    edited May 2016
    If the romance has a dramatic, even tragic twist or ending, I'm in.

Sure, romances can ruin the atmosphere when they end with the two lovers riding (or running?) into the sunset to live happily ever after.
    Which is why I prefer broken romances or romantic relations that are sooner or later doomed to fail, either because of chemistry or... well... death. I prefer them because they prevent the main character from turning into a prancing b**ch, vomiting their happiness all over the place while whistling "don't worry, be happy". Instead, they keep the character hardened.

I'd like to give you a videogame-example for what I mean, and so far the only fitting example is Thane Krios from the Mass Effect series. You can romance him in ME 2 as female Shephard, knowing he will die of illness soon. And he dies indeed in ME3, leaving Shepard behind, not broken but hardened. Nothing cheap and cliche here. Which is why I would be exited about such a romance in ME:C!
  • Ash wrote: »
    I hope not. It would be pretty cheap and cliche. Usually something like that ruins storyline and a character. Unless it's an RPG where we can literally play our OWN character and choose WHICH LI we want. And honestly, I don't want to see Faith with a guy. I just can't imagine her with one. But with a girl? Sure.
    But yet again, everyone has their tastes and preferences, so let's not force something like that on some people who might not like it one bit.

Understandable. The newest Dragon Age was fun because of the choices you had with relationships but you also didn't have to pursue any and were not locked down with gender.
    TwinB wrote: »

https://gotgame.com/2015/09/07/interview-with-mirrors-edge-catalyst-narrative-director-christopher-emgard/

This basically confirms that there will be a love interest relationship of some kind.

Oooohh nice find!! I don't remember this.
  • I better see some Faith and Noah action, or else 0/10 no buy
  • Ash
    99 posts
    TwinB wrote: »

Sigh. Now I'm disappointed. I hoped this wouldn't happen. And the worst part is, it's probably Icarus and I truly hate him.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    I think that it will be more a relationship father/daughter between Faith and Noah.
  • If she has to be with anyone I want faith and nomad or her with a girl sorry Icarus you get no love
  • ME_wifu22 wrote: »
    If she has to be with anyone I want faith and nomad or her with a girl sorry Icarus you get no love

Lmao. This. I agree.
  • I hope not.
    Lorn Maverick
  • I'm 70ish% of the way through the main story and I could see it happening with Icarus. No spoilers but they grow to respect each other. Nomad seems more like a little brother.
  • I agree with you on her relationship with Nomad, witch I think is kind of cool. Icarus would be my guess as well. Though by fan reaction a lot of the fans would be mad about it. It may be better to avoid anything like a romance or at least don't make it a major factor in the game. I don't think it would be missing anything if they stayed away from any kind of romance in the game since it's well a game lol.
    Lorn Maverick
  • Faith is too much of a loner to have a romance. Sure she makes friends and hols them close dearly. But she does run on her own. However if they do add a romance, I hope its tragic not all fluff.
  • I'm mad that people are even thinking about it, lol