/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
MORE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!!!!!! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

MORE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!!!!!!

You guys NEED to get the word out more about this game. I really don't want this game to sell poorly like the first game did. If it does, then that will be it for the Mirrors Edge franchise DICE said. So please, do YouTube Ads, Twitter Ads/Promotions, TV commercials, etc. I remember seeing ONE Mirrors Edge Commerical on TV for the first game when it came out, and it was SOOOO COOL seeing it on TV. This game deserves more hype. And right now I feel like the only people who know about his game is the old Mirrors Edge fans and a few new ones.

Comments

• EpicNano
    12 posts
    edited May 2016
    I'm guessing that they aren't expecting a majority of the sales at launch. Once the game is out, the current dedicated fan base will easily be built upon. Reviews might have some effect on this as well.
  • Agree 100%
  • I can't believe we are this close to launch and it's received such a small marketing push. Really frustrating.
  • Teto
    137 posts
    I Guess that EA/Dice want more money for Battlefield and think that for the smaller game MEC it's enough. Pity.
  • dandrix
    52 posts
    edited June 2016
    Giving out pre release copies to YouTubers who cant play it properly and making the game look bad isnt helping either, been seeing lots of people on IGN videos calling the game bad and boring while the guy playing is utter trash at it.
  • dandrix wrote: »
    Giving out pre release copies to YouTubers who cant play it properly and making the game look bad isnt helping either, been seeing lots of people on IGN videos calling the game bad and boring while the guy playing is utter trash at it.

This is such a good point. It's just making the game look worse.
  • Stephen_yen
    23 posts
    edited June 2016
    I've seen about 4 youtube adds so far...
    dandrix wrote: »

so true...
  • dandrix wrote: »

I think it's just people playing the EA Access trial. I don't think DICE is giving many people free reign yet.
  • OK, all of those who think YouTubers are gonna harm the game's success, I want you to:

Go to YouTube,
    Type in "Mirror's Edge Catalyst Beta"
    Sort the results by their views (most viewed first)
    Look at the ratings of the first 10 videos that were made by a YouTuber/Let's Player/a gaming magazine that could test the beta and made a video.

If there's only one video in the Top 10 of the most viewed Let's Plays about the MEC beta that has a majority of thumbs down (or even just a significant higher minority than in usual cases, like a quarter of negative ratings), then you might have point. Otherwise, I'll be grateful any form of attention this game gets.