/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
SLI support? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

SLI support?

Simple question; will Catalyst properly support SLI? I have 980Ti SLI and would like to see both being fully used.

Comments

• It should, I don't see why it wouldn't, but wait for someone with an SLI to see if it does work.
  • And does it?
  • I have the worst flickering with sli enabled. If I disable it the flickering stops.
  • mike97a wrote: »
    I have the worst flickering with sli enabled. If I disable it the flickering stops.

Same problem here. worst flickering with sli enabled.
  • snobaste
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    mike97a wrote: »
    I have the worst flickering with sli enabled. If I disable it the flickering stops.

Same here. 2 x GTX 980s, 368.22 driver. It looks like it's doing AFR, and just not rendering every other frame--1 frame game, 1 frame black, ad infinitum. If I point a 30Hz camera at my monitor (with vsync on) it looks fine.

Disabling SLI fixes it, but I have to bump some settings down to get a solid 60 FPS.
  • More gtx980 troubles...maybe certain nvidia cards are having issues? beta worked fine on my r9 290, no idea if the crossfire was working as a single card is above spec anyway. Assuming nvidia has made a new driver update for ME:C?
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Newest NVIDIA driver (368.39) from today fixes the flicker. Catalyst doesn't SLI scale all that well, though. Seeing 90%/70% split usage most of the time.
  • Yup, I can confirm that. The flickering is gone. However, the usage is terrible. Also, it seems that only 2 way sli is supported. I have a 3 980ti sli setup. The 3rd card has no usage/boost, while the other two do.
  • mike97a wrote: »
    Yup, I can confirm that. The flickering is gone. However, the usage is terrible. Also, it seems that only 2 way sli is supported. I have a 3 980ti sli setup. The 3rd card has no usage/boost, while the other two do.

Same here, I have a 3 TITAN X SLI and the game just use 2 cards... I have an FPS droops and sometimes DXerror when I change something in the graphics sections

Sorry for my bad english.
  • snobaste wrote: »
    Newest NVIDIA driver (368.39) from today fixes the flicker. Catalyst doesn't SLI scale all that well, though. Seeing 90%/70% split usage most of the time.

90/70 isn't bad. Some games only give 60/60 such as Division. As long as you're getting at least 150% total it's acceptable. Still not perfect but decent.
  • snobaste wrote: »
    Newest NVIDIA driver (368.39) from today fixes the flicker. Catalyst doesn't SLI scale all that well, though. Seeing 90%/70% split usage most of the time.

Forgive me, didn't realise you were referring to catalyst with the scaling.
  • I have 2xGTX 980's running in SLi. I decided to try the game on all Hyper settings and the game just doesn't feel smooth at all. It feels like it's running at around 40FPS. Running at Ultra seems to be resolve the issue. I'm running at 1920X1080 resolution currently. But might crank up the resolution via DSR if I can get the game running right. Anyone else have this problem?
  • The SLI don't works very good for this game, because of the Force alternate render 1 in nvidia control panel...
    I don't understand because the other title with this engine Frosbite 3 are supporting SLI fully. Yes I have same problem I play in 4k, it feel laggy what even I set ultra or hyper.
  • This game has absolutely no SLI scaling at all. I just tested the single GPU v AFR1. Both gave exactly the same frames, around 110 (@ 1080P hyper). That's on 980Ti.

I checked the usage on MSI Afterburner, and it was around 50/50 - in short, SLI doesn't exist on this game. Not proper scaling anyway.
  • enlight311
    1 posts
    edited July 29
    This game still does not properly use SLI. I have two GTX 1070s in SLI and this game actually drops frames in this mode. I disable SLI and then butter! Why does nvidia even bother with SLI if most games don't support it?