/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
I want the trial, but not sure... — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

I want the trial, but not sure...

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

I want the trial, but not sure...

So i kind of want the trial to play, but i also kind of just want to wait until the full game comes out for me on 9th of June, i'm from Australia... but i'm really not sure, i haven't got ea access, which is $7 i think but i also got $20 to pay off for the collectors edition... is it really worth it?? We only have six hours to play, would it somehow ruin the full game experience??? i'm really stuck on my decisions... I've asked friends about if i should get it and most of them said no as i should just wait to get the full game experience... but now since everyone is talking about it i'm completely unsure on what to do... for the people who have got the trial, and everyone else, should i get it?? or should i just wait??

Thanks...

Comments

• your progress done in the early acces trial will be saved to the final game.

After that, i can't tell you if its worth or not, all people are different and its your choice
  • I'm currently not in the state, and I get back on Friday afternoon, so I'll only have 3 days for the trial, which works for me. 2 hours each on Friday-Sunday, then I just wait for ~10ish my time on Monday for it to actually come out. The only problem I'll have is rationing out those 2 hours. I don't know ill be able to stop myself. XD
  • Hmmmmmmmm, maybe i'll just wait it out... i might get a better experience... still not really sure though, thanks for your input guys!!
  • im in australia as well and i got my self the early access which is indeed 7$. but at least you get the game 10% cheaper and you can cancel the early access at any time. i just signed up to play the trial. and as stated above; all your progress will be saved and transferred to the final game. so for me its worth it.

and what you mean 20$ for the CE??? i have asked around, looked up on the net like mad and for the pc there is no CE. i have asked EA about it and they could not tell me the full reason but that it was a marketing decision tat for some reason aussies cant get the CE for pc. only consoles. neither EBgames or jb hifi will get it.
  • I have played the trial on Xbox for about 4 hours so far and loving it. Runs great, really nice and smooth compared to the beta and I haven't seen any of the cut scene issues that some people on PC have. Missions seen so far that weren't in the beta are great and combat and the dynamics of the game gets better further into the game.

It's up to each person. No harm in waiting for other impressions or full game reviews if that's what ticks your personal boxes. Trial is nice and cheap though. It's also possible to play the trial after the full game is out if for some reason you don't get around to it for a while.