/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
OC GTX 970? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

OC GTX 970?

I was wondering if I could run MEC on an overclocked GTX 970 at 4k on high settings. I am also using 16 gigs of ram and an I7 4790k CPU.

Comments

• Nice rig! Game would look amazing on 4K. I haven't seen FPS results yet from anyone with a system like yours attempting that res. If you want to find out for yourself it's only about $5 to become an Origin Access subscriber for 1 month and check out the Trial version yourself on early access already.
  • Nice rig! Game would look amazing on 4K. I haven't seen FPS results yet from anyone with a system like yours attempting that res. If you want to find out for yourself it's only about $5 to become an Origin Access subscriber for 1 month and check out the Trial version yourself on early access already.

Thanks! I might get the trial, but i would probably do it a couple of days before the game comes out because i have seen quite a lot of bugs and glitches in the early versions.
  • KSetay
    25 posts
    edited June 2016
    nsmckinney wrote: »
    Nice rig! Game would look amazing on 4K. I haven't seen FPS results yet from anyone with a system like yours attempting that res. If you want to find out for yourself it's only about $5 to become an Origin Access subscriber for 1 month and check out the Trial version yourself on early access already.

Thanks! I might get the trial, but i would probably do it a couple of days before the game comes out because i have seen quite a lot of bugs and glitches in the early versions.

The game comes out next Tuesday, that's just 4 days away. This is the "final" version, just has some stuff locked. However, I don't think you're going to get 4K on just a 970. Maybe, but that might be pushing that card a bit.
  • KSetay wrote: »
    nsmckinney wrote: »
    Nice rig! Game would look amazing on 4K. I haven't seen FPS results yet from anyone with a system like yours attempting that res. If you want to find out for yourself it's only about $5 to become an Origin Access subscriber for 1 month and check out the Trial version yourself on early access already.

The game comes out next Tuesday, that's just 4 days away. This is the "final" version, just has some stuff locked. However, I don't think you're going to get 4K on just a 970. Maybe, but that might be pushing that card a bit.

I was planning on overclocking it because i intend to get a GTX 1080 for Christmas.
  • No hope for you to play at 4k with a gtx 970 oc ,you will be Vram limited., or perhaps on a 22' (inch) device...

Some games required already more than 4g of Vram to run at 1080p on a 27 inch monitor.

• Okay, this isn't a very scientific test. I got my 1440p monitor today and parkoured around a bit and ran a few tests for you. My OCed 970 (core speed is over 1500 mhz) gets me between early 50s to early 60s pretty consistently, with dips to early 40s on ultra (motion blur on ultra is quite FPS intensive). High sits around 60+ quite consistently. Medium is consistently 70+.

Personally I consider this playable on Ultra but based on these results, I see little to no chance of you being able to play this even on medium in 4K at anything above 35 FPS or so. Some people will insist frame rates like that is **** on earth but lots of console gamers have no problems with it. Up to you. I personally prefer at least 50 FPS.

• Okay, this isn't a very scientific test. I got my 1440p monitor today and parkoured around a bit and ran a few tests for you. My OCed 970 (core speed is over 1500 mhz) gets me between early 50s to early 60s pretty consistently, with dips to early 40s on ultra (motion blur on ultra is quite FPS intensive). High sits around 60+ quite consistently. Medium is consistently 70+.

Personally I consider this playable on Ultra but based on these results, I see little to no chance of you being able to play this even on medium in 4K at anything above 35 FPS or so. Some people will insist frame rates like that is **** on earth but lots of console gamers have no problems with it. Up to you. I personally prefer at least 50 FPS.

My monitor only outputs a maximum of 60 fps.