/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Any big changes for the Launch? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Any big changes for the Launch?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Any big changes for the Launch?

I don't have the early access to the game, and wanted to ask the ones who have. Are there any improvements on graphics, any map changes? Please let me know. That will help me decide should I pre-order the game or not. Thank you :)

Comments

• Teto
    137 posts
    There's already a topic about that.
  • I don't have the early access to the game, and wanted to ask the ones who have. Are there any improvements on graphics, any map changes? Please let me know. That will help me decide should I pre-order the game or not. Thank you :)

You can watch some gameplay on YouTube of the early access but to answer your questions, yes the graphics have been improved over the beta. DICE has made the decision to completely turn off motion blur for XB1, and PS4 may have this too. They did it to increase the frame rate and increase other things about the graphics such as mirror/shadow/texture quality. There's a comparison of the beta vs the trial and everything look much better. The map is pretty big from what we've seen. The full map isn't accessible in the trial so no one knows if it's bigger than it already is. The story looks very interesting too, improved 100% over the first game. However, in this game there is a relatively lower skill ceiling compared to the first game, because there's no exploits within the movement and animation systems. Wall boosting/coil jumping no longer improves speed which is understandable because the glitches were not intended in the beta. This doesn't bother me personally too much but some of the competitiveness of the dashes have been lowered by a lot. Overall the game seems to have a lot of improvement over the beta and over the first game itself, I'd recommend getting the game to everyone! :smile:
    "I'm gonna' run."
  • CookieMan wrote: »
    You can watch some gameplay on YouTube of the early access but to answer your questions, yes the graphics have been improved over the beta. DICE has made the decision to completely turn off motion blur for XB1, and PS4 may have this too. They did it to increase the frame rate and increase other things about the graphics such as mirror/shadow/texture quality. There's a comparison of the beta vs the trial and everything look much better. The map is pretty big from what we've seen. The full map isn't accessible in the trial so no one knows if it's bigger than it already is. The story looks very interesting too, improved 100% over the first game. However, in this game there is a relatively lower skill ceiling compared to the first game, because there's no exploits within the movement and animation systems. Wall boosting/coil jumping no longer improves speed which is understandable because the glitches were not intended in the beta. This doesn't bother me personally too much but some of the competitiveness of the dashes have been lowered by a lot. Overall the game seems to have a lot of improvement over the beta and over the first game itself, I'd recommend getting the game to everyone! :smile:

Well said!
  • CookieMan wrote: »
    I don't have the early access to the game, and wanted to ask the ones who have. Are there any improvements on graphics, any map changes? Please let me know. That will help me decide should I pre-order the game or not. Thank you :)

...but to answer your questions...

Thank you, cookie lover :)