/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Bring back english language — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Bring back english language

Bring back english language for version's that's sell's on CIS (SNG) countries. What's a point for that sort of exclusion?!

Comments

• +1 Russian translation sucks. I know, Russian store got the cheaper, but you can at least add English voice pack to store
  • +1000. I won't be buying the game until there's a way to play at least with English sound. And I assure you I was indeed going to buy it until I found out it's Russian-only in my country.
  • Want to admit all reasons to keep english out from russia and poland is poor excuse for bad marketing over years. No doubt your localization is bad and always be. Truth is simple whenever I want great expirience from story I got games in english via amazon or steam.

Do you actually know Russian and Poland can't buy at all games in english from DICE dev's via Origin? You just can't buy any digital-deluxe-elisted-preoder-bounspack-redbaron-dice-anygames in english. Not for greater price. None.

This is simple: you make ip wall or/and bring english version to Origin for full internation price. Is this so hard to see? Nah, obviously not. But you don't do it and never will. And another truth I never expect you to. You just can't make right choices but wrong only. You are already too big to change. Why I write it here? Have I a little hope - none. As I said you cant make write desicions.
  • b1ackjack
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    Agreed. Instead of wasting money on lame voice localization, just release it with english. Almost everyone does it this way. I thought only Ubi removes english audio. Such nonsense..
    Is there any chance file swapping can help? Folder structure doesn't seem very clear at first look.
  • b1ackjack wrote: »
    Folder structure doesn't seem very clear at first look.
    There's also a question of whether Origin will re-hash and re-download the files if we attempt to modify them. Oh, and it can flag us as hackers, too, in theory.

• Agree! Please, bring back english audio - russian localisation just awful(((
  • Tried Mirror's Edge Catalyst through Origin Access and would love to buy it, but I'd like to experience the game with original audio/voice actors, not russian ones... And it seems I have no such option =\ I'd wait for english VO pack either by EA or by community and only then will buy the game... It's pretty terrible that by now we're restricted to enjoy the game in the way it meant to be =\
  • I wouldn't go so far as to say russian translation is horrible in this game, but it IS kinda bad enough to be irritating, but not too bad to consider not playing at all.

Problem is the translation's done by people who have no idea what they're translating, nor do they care.
    Example of the former is in video options menu, where "character camera FOV" translated as smth like "Focus of view of the character".
    Example of the latter is near the beginning of the game (1-13 min in) where Faith nearly falls to here death in English she's startled and exclaims "Woah! Too close..." while in russian it's excited "Oh, wow!".
    One would think they'd at least listen to original voice and imitate expression, but evidently ain't no one got time for that.
    These are just 2 examples of how it's bad, to show that these accusations aren't baseless.

I understand why this limitation is in place, but I would be extremely happy if it'd be removed.
    I bought this game since I'm a fan of 1st, but I don't plan to play it until I find a way to swap the language pack in some way, legal or not.

I'll try contacting support for direct response, but I'm all up for some common solution.
  • Russian localization is pretty bad indeed. Especially voices. Most of them don't fit their heroes. Icarus is among worst.
  • PLEEEEEEASE someone help me. I install the game and its language is japanese how can I change it to english?
  • NewtGarish
    1 posts
    edited December 2016
    Wow. I didn't expect much after dumpster fire that was Titanfall 1 & 2 localization, but oh boy. I know EA doesn't give two squats about their consumers, but come on, your poopy translation jobs are DAMAGING YOUR BRAND. Is this the language you suits understand?

Isn't it ironic how Mirrors Edge's theme is all about evil corporations being evil, and here you schmucks are pulling a stingy Mr Krabs: "NO, filthy russkies! You want cheap version - you get it in you cheap language!"

Steam has ho problem having special pricing regions AND letting me play games in whatever language I please. HeII, at this point even pirated version is of higher quality than what you're peddling, because it's not plagued with this disrespect of a translation that some students made for 20 bucks.

F U.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, and I can't even mute voices? Only boost? Who's the genius that came up with that idea? "Oh, man, our dialogs are so sick, people will only want to boost them, not mute them in case they're complete trash!"
  • GODzilla
    29 posts
    edited February 6
    And here's the solution, found after an hour of searching the internet (despite it being right in front of me the whole time):
    I find easy way to fix language problems, just go to data->win32/64->loc and delete unnecessary files with other languages. If you want polish version just, your folder must be looking like my http://prnt.sc/crlrax

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/mirrorsedge/comments/4q441c/changing_the_language_problem_please_help_also_a/
    GODzilla ®