/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
UGC Contains Profanity Message — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

UGC Contains Profanity Message

Doofus88
3 posts
edited June 2016
I can't save any listed/unlisted time trials or Beat L.E. marker because of the "UGC contains profanity" message. Anyone else have this? Any fixes? Also, what are Beat L.E.'s? I don't actually understand them. I apologize if this is a repost or a foolish inquiry.
Post edited by Doofus88 on

Comments

• A Beat L.E. is just a check-in point, most people place them in hard-to-reach places to give people a challenge. Can't say I've had your issue.
  • Thank you for the response! That makes sense now. I'm on Xbox One which I forgot to mention. I sadly can't post anything for the community it seems.
  • Mildocjr
    105 posts
    edited June 2016
    It might be your gamertag has a word in it that is marked as profanity however they may be checking any order of the characters in your name for instance slashit97 might be considered profane if you look at each letter in order. Even though you meant to use Slash It 97 it might see a word between sla and 97. Hope this makes sense.
  • I suppose that makes sense, but my name on XBL is Doofus88 and has been for about 12 years now. I can't imagine Doofus or 88 are terms that should be blocked. If it's okay for Microsoft, I think EA/Dice should fix this is, if this is indeed the case.
  • It may be flagged as name calling, I find nothing wrong with your name, but Catalyst might be a little more restrictive so they can sell it at it's current rating. If it sells as Not Rated or Adult (due to names) they will lose most of their potential customers.
  • I have the same issue. My gamertag on ps4 is poopooblast.. I'm guessing it's the word "poo" in my username