/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Steam Controller? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Steam Controller?

Anyone had any luck using the Steam Controller with Catalyst? I've got a really good binding set for original Mirror's Edge, but ME:C seems to block out the Steam Overlay, and it won't pick up any of the XInput bindings from the Steam Controller, even if I set those bindings as my regular desktop bindings.

Comments

• Here's what you need to do: in steam add Origin as a non-steam game(not ME itself). In controller setting choose "joystick mouse" preset for your right pad. Launch origin from steam, then launch the game
  • Fafhrd
    9 posts
    edited June 2016
    Nope. Doesn't work. Won't accept the joystick inputs. I can map the stick to WASD and it'll work, but if I'm going to use a stick I'd prefer to keep the inputs analog.

As a quick experiment I tried using my 360 pad + mouse, and it shuts out the mouse completely when there are pad inputs, which is terrible too.

I don't know why they wouldn't let it take both simultaneously. It works flawlessly in the original.

[edit]In fact, it'll only read the Desktop bindings, no matter how you set it up.
  • Hit me up on Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_Unknown/
    It's working for me, so gotta work for you as well

• Hit me up on Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_Unknown/
    It's working for me, so gotta work for you as well

I works for me, thank you very much.
    I really would never have thought of that.
    Thanks again !
  • The Steam controller is a b**** that way... I've tried contacting Valve/Steam to try and have them make the Steam Controller default to XBox controller, but so far I have not received any indication that they will.
    I mostly did it because of Uplay being a **** launcher as well, but it seems that GOG is the only launcher/client software that allows games to properly launch through Steam and thus allow Steam Controllers to be used.
  • Acherrum wrote: »
    The Steam controller is a b**** that way... I've tried contacting Valve/Steam to try and have them make the Steam Controller default to XBox controller, but so far I have not received any indication that they will.
    I mostly did it because of Uplay being a **** launcher as well, but it seems that GOG is the only launcher/client software that allows games to properly launch through Steam and thus allow Steam Controllers to be used.

I agree that it's sometimes tedious to make the steam controller work properly for non steam games, but it's possible to figure it out with some patience.

It works just fine for me.

Also, fraps can cause some problems.
    How I did it is run origin through steam, launch Mirror's Edge Catalyst, then alt+tab to run fraps.
    No problem.
  • Anybody having worse performance while using the Steam Controller? I think the Steam Overlay is causing random frame drops