/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Directx crash — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Directx crash

I'm getting the directx crash while the game is loading, with the same error message that these guys encountered during the beta:

https://forums.mirrorsedge.com/discussion/148/directx-error

None of the fixes suggested in that thread worked. Already tried reinstalling the game. One of the suggested fixes is to go into the nvidia control panel and set the game to run on the gpu and not the cpu-- but the latest version of the nvidia control panel no longer allows you to adjust that setting. It's completely gone from the ui.

Strangely, the game played fine to start out with when I first downloaded it. Good performance, smooth framerate on default settings. I got a good start on the campaign. The problem didn't start until I alt-tabbed out of the game for the first time, I think. But then, even deleting the profile setting files, uninstalling the whole game, and updating video drivers didn't fix it. The game ran fine on my computer yesterday, and today I get a crash on launch.

Help me out here? I've been trying to get it to run for hours, and I'm going to have to request a refund pretty soon if I can't get it to work.

My system:
i5-3750
GTX 980
8 GB RAM