/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Micro Freezes — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Micro Freezes

Hi,

I am running Catalyst on my Asus ROG G751JY (980M, Intel i7-4720HQ) gaming laptop and I'm encountering micro freezes. The game runs at a smooth 60fps on ultra/hyper a majority of the time, however every 20 or so seconds the game freezes for an instant. This is understandably annoying so I ran some tests. Just looking at the freeze in Task Manager's performance tab shows CPU usage drops from around 80-90% to 40ish% corresponding to the freeze. I tried turning the settings down to Low but the same result occurred. On closer inspection with Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, I noticed that while the core temps do get high (94max) there is no Thermal Throttling. Instead the Utility detects my "Active Cores" dropping from 4 cores to 1 core with every spike. Why might my active cores be shutting down when running Catalyst? Again, this still occurs while on low settings and low temperatures. I have never seen this behavior in any other game, including those of similar graphical fidelity.

Thanks so much for any help

Comments

• SOLUTION: Go into taskmanager under the "services" tab and disable "ASUSGameFirstService"
  • this works you are a life saver man
  • Hi!

I have the same problem but I don't even have ASUSGameFirstService installed,can somebody help me?
    I have tried everything but it won't work :(

Thanks for helping me in advance!
  • SOLUTION: Go into taskmanager under the "services" tab and disable "ASUSGameFirstService"

Thank you so much, I buy an Asus RoG G20 for this game and I don't play the game because I have micro freeze, after disable the ASUSGameFirstService everythink works fine.

Thank to you again.