/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
References to DICE's past games. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

References to DICE's past games.

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

References to DICE's past games.

PolishFinnish
45 posts
edited June 2016
The flat panel security chip has 1942 referring to Battlefield 1942.
There was also a audio file called Omnistat Gold #01 which refers to Battlefield: Bad Company

Comments

• SweptbackFlame
    1 posts
    edited July 2016
    I seen this too. Omnistat Gold audio files are all Bad Company references. And it's absolutely hilarious.
  • The achievement/trophy "I saw you on the battlefield" is also a reference to Battlefield games. There's also a runner emblem that looks like a dogtag with 1942 on it (referencing BF1942).
    Beta plaftorm: Xbox One | Xbox Live: PalZer0
  • Mission "Benefactor" is a reference to game "Benefactor" developed by DICE and published in 1994.
  • Yuki
    18 posts
    edited July 2016
    There are blonde girls who's haircuts look like Celeste from Mirror's Edge, obviously enough.
  • Yuki wrote: »
    There are blonde girls who's haircuts look like Celeste from Mirror's Edge, obviously enough.

Although I was running past one of them, and they said something like "I want to leave the city like that Celeste". Which reminded me of the comic. (Which I read the synopsis of on the Wiki.)