/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Mirror's Edge Catalyst (TM) Has Stopped Working — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (TM) Has Stopped Working

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (TM) Has Stopped Working

NaifAbdullah
1 posts
edited June 2016
I've pre-ordered M.E.C and downloaded it yesterday
i've managed to play almost the first 10 mins of the game but when i tried to adjust the graphics the game crashed
and every time i run the game it crashes in the middle of the first loading screen and a window appears saying "Mirror's edge catalyst (TM) stopped working"

if anybody knows how to fix this issue please share the solution
sorry for the bad english

Comments

• Aperture
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    FINALLY! I have this EXACT same problem and have been looking everywhere for a solution. Same thing with me, I played for 30 minutes and then tinkered with the visuals and it crashed, now it starts in a window, goes to full screen, you see EA, DICE and Frostbite then it crashes during the loading screen.

I have two 760's in sli, an msi z87m and an i7 4770k

I have tried everything, I've repaired the game 4 times, reinstalled it to a different drive, tried disabling sli. Nothing works.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has this issue.

Anybody know what the problem is or how to fix it?
    Post edited by Aperture on
  • I've had this problem, I deleted the two files in My Documents/Mirrors Edge Catalyst/Settings and the game launched. Hope this helps :)
  • wingedfury wrote: »
    I've had this problem, I deleted the two files in My Documents/Mirrors Edge Catalyst/Settings and the game launched. Hope this helps :)

It worked! Thanks!
  • You're welcome! Have fun :)
  • Guys, I had this issue for the first time. I played New Game. It failed to even load the White screen intro. What 2 files I have to delete?
    I am Iman.
  • still in troble...... game stop working at launch..and there is no setting folder in my document MEC..
    need help
  • ishant wrote: »
    still in troble...... game stop working at launch..and there is no setting folder in my document MEC..
    need help

i have the same error
    You're welcome! Have fun :)

me and ishant haven't sitting folder , there is only ( Temp folder ) and (screenshot folder)
    Capture.png

• I have the same problem! and the only files i have for the game is screenshots. i have also gone to the origin file (origin games) cuz that's what i'm playing off of, and there were the all the game files to play the game, but i still didn't see the setting! -_- help
    I've had this problem, I deleted the two files in My Documents/Mirrors Edge Catalyst/Settings and the game launched. Hope this helps :)

Which two files?
  • I've had this problem though it wont even get to the loading screen before it crashed. Can someone please help me?