/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Any news on the "stuttering de-syncing cutscene" issue? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Any news on the "stuttering de-syncing cutscene" issue?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Any news on the "stuttering de-syncing cutscene" issue?

I get heavy stuttering on like every cutscene which includes stuttering sound and video with desync. It has now made me stop the game after playing roughly 2 hours and i'm not going to resume playing if it's not getting fixed as story in games like these are important for me. I want to know if this is getting fixed soon? The problem only accounts on cutscenes as the game runs just fine elsewhere.

Note: changing settings dont change anything about the issue on the cutscenes.

Maybe they should pre-render the cutscenes as video files and add an option in the settings to play the cutscenes as "real-time rendered or pre-rendered" since they are so messed up in performance compared to the rest of the game?

Comments

• Yeah this is a problem for me as well, i wasnt sure if it was just my pc not being up to standard for the game but it looks like its a bigger problem. I'm about to play so hopefully it's been fixed
  • ninemil
    218 posts
    edited June 2016
    Zefnoly wrote: »
    Maybe they should pre-render the cutscenes as video files
    The cutscenes are pre-rendered video files. They run at 30 fps. The stuttering is an asset transfer issue - swapping out your near maxed world assets for the video. I imagine adding a fade-to-black loading screen would solve it, but break immersion.
    Post edited by ninemil on
  • How about actually reading the sticky posts in the first page and not making unnecessary threads?
  • Zefnoly
    33 posts
    edited June 2016
    THE4400fan wrote: »
    How about actually reading the sticky posts in the first page and not making unnecessary threads?

Because i didn't find much info there. Mostly other people complaining. And it is a shame that this isn't fixed yet anyways.
    ninemil wrote: »
    Zefnoly wrote: »
    Maybe they should pre-render the cutscenes as video files
    The cutscenes are pre-rendered video files. They run at 30 fps. The stuttering is an asset transfer issue - swapping out your near maxed world assets for the video. I imagine adding a fade-to-black loading screen would solve it, but break immersion.

I wouldn't mind them running at 30fps but what i experience is a slideshow whenever they start with sound that is impossible to listen by. I have tried all the settings. The game itself runs just fine on ultra. But i play these games for story and this breaks my experience to much to make me want to play as i cant understand anything of them.