/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Atrocious stuttering — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Atrocious stuttering

Hey all
Playing on PC with all latest drivers installed, verified files with the following rig:
I5 4670k
GTX980 Ti
16gb Ram

And when I say "atrocious" , I mean bad enough to be unplayable.

Comments

• Kingsglaive
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    Same here.
    1. Up to date drivers
    2. i5-6600k @ 4.6GHZ and tested on stock
    3. GTX980TI OC-ed and tested on stock

Game is unplayable. Calling my game store for a refund first thing.

Witcher 3 @ stable 50-60 FPS at Ultra 1440p.

• Is this a framerate issue specifically? As in, it's low?

Or is it running at 60, but you're still getting stuttering?

If it's the latter, you can try what I did and use MSI Afterburner/Riva Tuner and set the Vsync to 60 on there AS WELL AS in game. IF it works for you as it does myself and my brother, it almost entirely eliminates the stuttering and screen tearing while keeping control still responsive. You can do this with most games in fact.
  • I'm pretty sure RivaTuner still comes with MSI Afterburner when you download it, and you'll want to look for the framerate cap on the program I show in the image.
    Hkc0Tsh.png
  • +1
    Pauses / freezes every 5 seconds or so, also cut scenes out of sync.
    i5 4690K 3.5GHZ
    16GB RAM
    GTX 760 2GB
    Samsung 840 EVO SSD
    1920x1080
    Windows 7 64bit
  • zandolas
    10 posts
    edited June 2016
    Right guys - thanks for your feedback and comments. I'm intrigued to hear your problems too. @DeliveryGodNoah I got 60fps but the stuttering was just nuts. HOWEVER- After doing a load of research and looking up I managed to get it working (hopefully permanently too). I do like your method however and will implement it if I have other issues, so thank you :D

My fix was to do the following:
    -make sure drivers were up to date
    -make sure windows was up to date (because it turned out my task manager showed when Catalyst ran, it shot usage up to the 95-100% range)
    - then, most importantly, Defray my pc! This was able to bring usage down. I suggest if your game stutters, check out the usage in task manager. It could be that this memory leak is causing issues.
    - restart PC.

I hope this helps. Any ideas for the next official patch?

*by the way, when I say usage, I meant the display on task manager - (cpu, memory, disk,) :smile: