/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Bugs, glitches, you name it we have it. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Bugs, glitches, you name it we have it.

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Bugs, glitches, you name it we have it.

The PS4 version of this game is bug ridden from the moment you start. Within the first 5 minutes I was knocked through a wall and unable to continue, watched an invisible battle occur between NPC's and watched two NPC's run , jump off invisible boxes and land to occupy the same space, in two different locations. All before I met Noah. The scene with Noah was flat, the acting was bad and I know this isn't a bug but the same effort seems to have been put in across the board. The city looks boring and grey. The first Mirrors edge city of glass was brightly lit, more colourful and looked bigger.

I just don't understand why these games are not being tested on standard consoles/computers with real gamers giving REAL feedback to these companies. Why not send x amount of people on PC PS4 and XBOXONE copies, pay them and add contracts not to leak info or make videos. Simple. Instead WE, the paying customers have become the game testers but with a big bonus. WE pay them upfront. So they have our money already. Now we have to wait for trickle patches to come out over time with no guarantee that all the issues will ever be fixed.

I bought the Collectors Edition at the highest price I've ever paid for one (£150), the game wasn't included and this is what we get. These Coleectors Editions are now a major problem and maybe the reason why we get this kind of rubbish sent out for release. These companies now get three times the money for a game that quite frankly is far worse than the original on last gen platforms. This isn't EA's first balls up either, remember PGA tour golf? Did you ever read the review or play Rory mcilroy pga tour golf? Best not to if you have fond memories of PGA TOUR from last gen consoles/PC.

I've shelved the game until I know at least some of the bugs have been addressed and will NEVER buy into that day one release nonsense again. It's cheaper and less stressful to read the forums and web for the first couple of months about ANY game to see what is on offer before I commit to any cash being handed over.

Comments

• I also had game breaking bugs and when I tweeted at Mirrors Edge about it, EA responded with do a hard reset on your xbox.... thanksssssssssssssssssss.
  • ME_wifu22
    31 posts
    edited June 2016
    On consoles it a mess, with texturing issues to ground stuttering, black floors, ksec being stuck on walls,etc . I heard it's worse on PC um mean this game needs a few patches. I agree I spent a lot of money on collectables ($220 total)and this game; this is the last time I do day one stuff.
  • I'm having blue screen of deaths on PC. And everytime blue screen of death happens my game files get corrupted and I have to start the game all over again... It's really really really game breaking. I would not mind about little crashes or bugs here and there but this... just no.
  • The game runs just fine on ultra but as fast a cutscene begins it lags like heck. And lowering the settings doesn't change anything.
  • PmZ
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    I found a bug that makes progressing unavailable, during the Benefactor mission, I fell but survived, but when I attempted to reclimb the tower, the 2nd ladder on the tower had vanished make it impossible for me to continue.
  • I'm having blue screen of deaths on PC. And everytime blue screen of death happens my game files get corrupted and I have to start the game all over again... It's really really really game breaking. I would not mind about little crashes or bugs here and there but this... just no.

Don't blame the game, blue screens are caused by faulty hardware, usually RAM. Learn how to PC or join the peasants.
  • I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously. Not only I have never encountered an issue like that (I'm always trying to force these issues while playing), but you said the city is grey (gray)... ROFLMAO! Everyone is complaining about how much futuristic and colourful this game is and there you are saying that the city is gray...
    Sorry,but this is laughable!
  • Strange that you are having so much problems with this game... I haven't encountered one single bug, glitch or any other problem so far on the PC version.
  • Strange that you are having so much problems with this game... I haven't encountered one single bug, glitch or any other problem so far on the PC version.

Not even broken cutscenes? Then you are lucky...
  • Your PC probably can't run the game well with the specifications you have
  • Blayer98 wrote: »
    Your PC probably can't run the game well with the specifications you have

Lol you havent seen the posts around here. I run the game completely fine on ultra settings but the cutscenes have some serious issues. Several gamers "including people running it fine on hyper settings" got issues with cutscenes and the oddest thing with it is that they are just plain video files so it doesn't help turning settings down either for us with this issue. You are lucky if you dont experience desync or lag in them.
  • I can't get past the benefactor level every time i time try to get the character faith to run she switches meaning runs the other way the camera looks at the opposite way . ? L1 and R2 i feel like i have buy a new video game the same video game mirror's edge catalyst . ? help please fix it not sure if my playstation 4 needs to be cleaned.?
  • what do i do about the benefactor the character runs in the opposite way .?
  • GeoffreyOmega
    92 posts
    edited June 2016
    Hello,

I noticed it's possible to escape a lift and can sometime makes fatal error.
    If you run + jump + coil + slide in the lift repeatedly against a wall, it's possible to go through it.

In a lot of case what will happen is that you'll be set to the latest checkpoint which is on the groundfloor from where the lift was taken BUT the lift is not there anymore, it's way up (or down) and there's no way to access it beside, restarting the mission.

I think once in a Lift, the next trigger should be set up on top automatically just in case something happen.
    Or simply disable any ability to jump/coil/slide while the lift is moving.

Cya
  • THE BENEFACTOR THE CHARACTER FAITH WOULD RUN IN THE OPPOSITE WAY AND CAN'T GET HER RUN UP THE WALL TO GET OVER THE TOP .? L1 AND R2 WHEN I DO THAT THE CAMERA SWITCHES BACK TO THE OTHER WAY .
  • i do restart the mission it doesn't matter the character faith still runs in the opposite way in front of the camera angle and even if i have to start over .
  • I have my hands on both the L1 and R1 but when i make the character run it goes the opposite way i swear it
  • I can't even resume playing my game because the word "Skipping" shows up in the bottom right corner and nothing happens, so i just ERASED my saves........ now i'm **** T_T
  • I also play on the ps4 version and the worst think I have seen is a small texture glitch on a building :/
  • PmZ wrote: »
    I found a bug that makes progressing unavailable, during the Benefactor mission, I fell but survived, but when I attempted to reclimb the tower, the 2nd ladder on the tower had vanished make it impossible for me to continue.

I have the same problem. Except I want to go back since I needed to get the runner bag. at the bottom of the tower. I dont want to have to re-do the entire mission to get it.
  • I downloaded a trial through ea access and while the game seems pretty good it kept blinking a black screen and this would keep happening until it just stays black or the black screen is dominant and the game flicks in every now and then. The strange thing is that I still see my hud and the red runner markers like doors, jumps and slides. I genuinely would have bought this game because the action seems fast paced and a lot of fun. But there is no way I am spending money if the trial doesn't work and there are this many people having all sorts of issues...
  • I'm having same issue with resuming game where I left off...start up button won't work...I just get the word skipping in bottom corner...any fix for this?
  • Ravyn013
    1 posts
    edited August 5
    So, I don't know what I did. I don't think I did anything, actually. I did Vive Le Resistance, and then Nomad talks to me and tells me about the antenna at the Lair. So I go to the Lair, and there are some K-SEC there, and I defeat those. Then, I go up the stairs to the main part of the lair, and Noah is there. So I go to the room where you would enter the little area where the antenna is. Runners are in the beds. I decided not to do anything yet, so I tried to pull down the window. That didn't work, the window stayed there. So I reloaded the checkpoint. Same thing. So now, I'm going to redo the Fly Trap mission and see if that works.
    It didn't. So now I think I'll use a glitch to get to that area, if I can. I would prefer to NOT start the game over, but if there is no other way, then I shall. Does anyone have any idea on what to do? I'm going to restart the game now.
    Post edited by Ravyn013 on
  • adtewa
    2 posts
    edited August 12
    I'm playing on PS4. The game ran fine so far, but I started the Break and Entry mission. And the problem is I can't switch off the fan where I should go through. Giving me no option to do so.

Update: sorry It has to be done by a switch.
  • adtewa
    2 posts
    edited August 13
    In the mission where there is a diversion and you have to disable sentry guns, ... There is a part where it is dark. It's dark like a black hole, just see the red helper, but now there is none and I'm stuck and always killed by the sentry guns. The brightness is at maximum. Please make that less darker.

Update:
    After a few deaths it doesn't even show the path and the mission objective. Stucked in the dark.