/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Any way to replay the story with the cutscenes included? (Without deleting your save?) — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Any way to replay the story with the cutscenes included? (Without deleting your save?)

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Any way to replay the story with the cutscenes included? (Without deleting your save?)

Repeating missions from the TAB -> MISSIONS menu skips the cutscenes and goes straight to the first checkpoint in each mission. Any way to repeat the entire thing, cutscenes included?

Comments

• Seems the only way is to use OPTIONS -> NEW GAME, which is a shame, as it resets your open world progress.

Would be nice to get the option to rerun story mode with the cutscenes included in a future patch.
  • You could possibly find out where the save file is and copy it elsewhere, then restart the campaign. Then put old save back if you want the open world progress. I don't know where a file would be located..
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Starting a new game deletes World progress??? That's gotta change ASAP!

I want to play through the story dozens of times, like I did the original game, but I don't want to lose all my collectibles!
  • File is in your Documents folder. But won't changing save files mess with your unlocks?
  • Yeah, seriously, what were they thinking?
  • THE4400fan wrote: »
    Yeah, seriously, what were they thinking?
    If I remember correctly, in ME they were roasted at launch because the cutscenes weren't skippable when you were running timed mission replays - it was patched in later. I'm guessing they've just over-thought that feedback for Catalyst and removed the need to skip them entirely, presuming no one would want to see them without starting fresh.

Hopefully this can be patched in.
  • I totally agree, not being able to watch them the first time I'd want a way to go back through them again without wiping my progress.
    Lead Developer for the free casual arena shooter featuring parkour, Red Eclipse.
  • Yeah, it sucks that I will need to reset my progress, since I skipped the lagging cutscenes, hopefully it'll be possible with an update.
  • Yeah the cutscenes definitely need to be rewatchable.
  • THE4400fan
    20 posts
    edited June 2016
    I don't know what is wrong with your game, but on my PS4, the cutscenes play all the time.
    There is also a skip function. For PS4, at least, you skip by pressing the X button for 2-3 seconds.
  • THE4400fan wrote: »
    I don't know what is wrong with your game, but on my PS4, the cutscenes play all the time.
    There is also a skip function. For PS4, at least, you skip by pressing the X button for 2-3 seconds.

So when you press TAB, go to the progression screen and select to repeat the first mission, the intro plays?
  • The 1st custscenes don't play on the PS4 version as well & honestly, i'd rather have an option to see the cutscenes without needing to play the whole mission.
  • ninemil wrote: »
    THE4400fan wrote: »

So when you press TAB, go to the progression screen and select to repeat the first mission, the intro plays?

Ummm... I don't know... I play 4-5 other missions like The Shard and the Prisoner X.
  • In the original game, they included all the cutscenes between chapters and filed them under 'videos'. If anyone remembers, they were in the same category as music and wallpapers. It would be great if they had done the same in MEC- putting all of the cutscenes into an individual folder so that players can flick through them whenever they want to. For example the cutscene where (SPOILERS):
    Kuma tries to make Icarus feel better about the pain Reflection causes him by pinching his leg- I find this quite funny and would like to see it without having to replay the entire mission. Even the introductory cutscenes matter, for example, when Faith emerges onto Zephyr Transit Hub at the start of the game and you can see the MEC title above the city. My personal favourite is when she first goes to The View district and the camera pans out over the entire area- it's really beautiful. Again, I'd like to see this without playing the entire mission.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • This needs to be a thing, I've gone into the game wanting to replay the story but I can't without losing all progress in the game. I love the story and cutscenes but you lose all that by just replaying the missions....