/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Depth and DLC — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Depth and DLC

I think we can all agree that this game deserves support, and that fans deserve a deeper experience with Faith and the mechanics of Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. I and many others are concerned that DICE and EA have no plans on further supporting this title. Not a peep about future DLC or a season pass? That's so unlike EA. If enough of us express interest in more content for ME:C, we can make it happen.

I believe an expansion in the following forms or some similar ones would do the game well:

-Each district is expanded by developing a means of getting to the street level. This is a huge undertaking but it would make the game feel so much more open world. Maybe even just develop lower parts of the buildings into parkour-able areas. Make some interiors in more buildings explorable.

- More ways to use MAGrope. It is far too limited as is.

- Another HUGE one: One on one games of tag. A player enter a joinable state and can be "invaded" by another player. One player is selected to be "it" - perhaps randomly - and the chase is on.

- This one should be simple: an added skill set to focus that brings back slow-motion from the first ME. This would be incredibly fun in combat and during intense traversal moments. Possible disable during speed runs and whatnot if the DICE thinks that would make it fair.

- More combat moves: combat is already great, but it could be even better.

- More mobility moves and parkour-able ledges. Some ledges appear to be climbable and simply aren't. Also maybe a skill that allows a burst of speed after safety rolling to help compensate for the slow roll time.

- When wall climbing, the ability to look any direction and spring off without having to use funky button combos would be a great poiny to polish. Perhaps make it so if you jump immediately after clambering up a wall, you jump farther/faster than if you were to wait and slowly slide down.

Feel free to add suggestions and criticisms guys, DICE definitely reads these. I'd love to hear what others would like to add to the game, but be realistic. Obviously DICE isn't going to add vehicles or some nonsense like that. Thanks everybody!