/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Bad textures, reflective surfaces (Xbox One) — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Bad textures, reflective surfaces (Xbox One)

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Bad textures, reflective surfaces (Xbox One)

Seeing a lot of pixelated surfaces now and then, even the skyline panning shot in the 'Prisoner X' mission in Ocean Pier looks horrible. All the reflective surfaces in here, interiors (floors, sinks) in the apartments, building exteriors have loads of flickering pixels. Is it just me or the same for all consoles ?

Comments

• EvilNeon
    15 posts
    edited June 2016
    I've noticed some flickering here and there. It does look weird but it's not a physics issue, and I came from the pixel days, so I have no complaints. :p (xbox one)
  • I am also experiencing this and it is very distracting! Really hope a patch come out to fix this issue.
  • I'm on Xbox One too and there are definitely a lot of pixelated, low-quality textures. The main issue is that the game is best when you build up speed, but the textures can't cope when you do so. I've experienced some flickering too, in some cases it's so bad I have to quit and reboot the game to even move.
  • I'm on Xbox One too and there are definitely a lot of pixelated, low-quality textures. The main issue is that the game is best when you build up speed, but the textures can't cope when you do so. I've experienced some flickering too, in some cases it's so bad I have to quit and reboot the game to even move.

I want to buy this game too once I got my Xbox One (around November), thanks for noticing this so I am little prepared. Does this interrupt you this much that you cannot finish missions or it's not that bad? I hate it when you're on a mission or time trial and you can't fully play the most comfortable because of texture-issues.