/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
SOLVED - After 20 Hours of Play, Catalyst Now Crashes at Start Up — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

SOLVED - After 20 Hours of Play, Catalyst Now Crashes at Start Up

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

SOLVED - After 20 Hours of Play, Catalyst Now Crashes at Start Up

LukeCypert
66 posts
edited June 2016
I was messing with the graphics settings in the game and it crashed... and now it crashes on started on the first loading screen :(

I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, Geforce 960m 2GB, 16 GB RAM, Intel i&-6700HQ

Is there a way to reset the settings in a config file or something?
Post edited by LukeCypert on

Comments

• berserkerd3mon
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    On a french forum i also saw someone having troubles after having finished the game a first time:
    his game crashed after relaunching the game to restart it
    When Faith exits the prison at beginning of the game , his game crashed and now he is stuck to a non working game.

his laptop
    i7 4700HQ
    GTX770M 3Go
    8Go Ram

topic
    http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-19256-47289520-1-0-1-0-help-crash-lancement-du-jeu-aide-svp.htm

i think it s a memory problem but will let it to Dice staff...
  • Just use Geforce Experience and use the settings that they say and press on apply and try to run it
  • LukeCypert
    66 posts
    edited June 2016
    Just use Geforce Experience and use the settings that they say and press on apply and try to run it

For some reason the game won't show up in that...

Anyway, I delete the save files in the My Documents folder and Origin reset the settings. Changing the reflection settings was what caused the crash.
    Post edited by LukeCypert on
  • Hey guys on another post on this forum I had a Direct X error that kept crashing my game. A person by the name of @NeuronFire figured out a fix this is what he posted.

Hey guys... I just resolved my issue. I had recently purchased a USB 3.0 Hub with Display over USB capabilities (HumanScale's MConnect.) It uses DisplayLink drivers to perform its work. Uninstalling the drivers allowed me to run the game successfully, reinstalling the current stable drivers caused the game to crash as we expeerienced.
    DisplayLink made a Beta Version of their drivers available, this Beta Version doesn't crash the game when it's installed. Additionally, I wasn't making use of the MConnect for display, merely had the drivers installed.
    I don't assume that you guys have the MConnects as well (though if you do, the fix is easy!) but I'd take a look and see if there's something similar that could be interfering with your display.
  • It fixed the issue for me and I hope it works for you. Basically uninstall your DisplayLink drivers!!!