/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
DLC/Expansion to make more of the city avalible for roaming? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

DLC/Expansion to make more of the city avalible for roaming?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

DLC/Expansion to make more of the city avalible for roaming?

Teo
0 posts
edited June 2016
Hello!
I've only played Catalyst for about 10 hours as this is posted but I've already thought of how small the explorable part of the city of Glass is compared to the complete city. I think that it would be amazing (even though the game already is amazing) to be able to explore the entire city, making the map huge ( I don't know how huge but I mean, how much isn't there already to explore?) Now that would, understandably, need a lot of time and recources to make possible, but still, it would be pretty cool. Now I can understand that such an upgrade really isn't necessary for the moment, but purhaps a future project?
Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

Comments

• Teto
    137 posts
    You're not the first one who asks that... But maybe if everybody asks Dice will listen ?
  • Yeah, I was slightly disappointed with that, as well. Great game, but once I saw how small the part that you are playing in is, a part of me just died.
  • I'd love to climb the skyscrapers!
  • Small? Really? Considering Faith can only use her legs to traverse the city, I think the area we have is absurdly huge and detailed. Like, up to a point where I do not envy AT ALL the amount of work the DICE team went through.

But yeah. A DLC with another area would be great xD
  • albertnic
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    Ok the playable area is freaking GIANT. Maybe you haven't opened up all the areas, but it's huge, and it's crazy how much effort it took to get it there. Now, saying that, I would definitely be happy if a couple more disctricts to opened up!

That could go inline with a PREQUEL DLC, which is what is needed SO BADLY and would definitely be eaten up with everyone into this franchase. The comic book, playable. A chance to really flesh out the story.

I'd also really love some concept world dlc like in the last game. Maybe a whole open world map of concept traversal stuff... that would be so freaking awesome.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Instead of exploring more of the city of glass, I would love to explore a food dome in the greylands. This way we would get to see a (partially) natural environment. Also, the food domes are full of outcastes and people who broke policy, so you would have no idea who is a threat. (I am assuming there are a lot of criminals.) I would love to hear if DICE has plans for dlc.
  • kjrygarkj
    1 posts
    edited June 2016
    I want more places for roaming, yes. The city si so beautiful and big, but I want more parts of the city for roaming. Plans DICE some expansions for map districts? DLC? Is there someone who knows this? Or who could speak with DICE about this? Thanks
  • We need a green district! :D
    Lots of blues, yellows, oranges and purples in the game but not nearly enough greens.
  • Well DLC for the first Mirror's Edge didn't come out until about a year or 2 had passed, so maybe we'll have to wait just as long... But gah i love this game and wish it'd come out sooner! lol
  • Bird_Of_Faith
    161 posts
    edited December 2016
    in my opinion, the open world map is relatively a decent size, considering you have to run everywhere. i was surprised when i saw the map for the very first time, i thought it was small, but when you actually play the game, the world is full and consistent. sure i would've liked there to maybe be 1 or 2 more districts to explore, but it is actually a very well designed map, especially since its only rooftops, and some ground level in rezoning. I reckon DLC will come in time, maybe a new game, but its going to take dice a while to come up with another story. i heard that dice announced that they will not be working on another battlefield game for another few years, instead they want to make a new battlefront, at least i think thats what i read, but this could also mean that they are too thinking of the future for catalyst. DlC would enrich the experience and keep us as fans anticipated, while they could possibly, while we are busy with a dlc, create a new game.

i hope in god time that they will continue on with the mirrors edge franchise.