/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
I think this game doesn't expect you to play with runner vision OFF — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

I think this game doesn't expect you to play with runner vision OFF

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

I think this game doesn't expect you to play with runner vision OFF

I'm in the process of playing this game with runner vision OFF.
To put it brutal, by doing this you make sure the game doesn't hold your hand.

And in fact doesn't (nothing I could do for the footsteps on the walls, but ehi), too bad the game apparently doesn't really seem to put that much trust in you.

Here's what happens:

During a story/side mission, whenever I am in a certain room and I take more time than the game thinks I should spend before I manage to go out of there (maybe because I want to look for stuff, run around, try some moves, or maybe use my brain cause there's a secret bag nearby?) a message pops up:
hold 'key' to activate runner vision.

...sigh. I mean, really: I choose to not being helped by you, and I know how to get to the option screen. Need me to continue?

Oh, but that's not the end of it, btw.
Whenever there's a slightly stronger enemy nearby, here's a missive from my White Knight, ready at my rescue:
press 'key'+A/S/D/whathere to dodge.
Everytime.
Even.at.the.endgame.

On the flipside, there's one thing I noticed:
some of the side missions (delivery, diversion, race) assume the player will use runner vision, so it gives you just about the right time to beat them. I can understand race and delivery , cause you can still see the goal by opening the map, so you can tell where you need to go... but this doesn't happen in diversion mission, where all you have is a waypoint leading to dunnowhere, so in this case runner vision is basically required.

Cheers!

Comments

• killchan wrote: »
    I'm in the process of playing this game with runner vision OFF.
    To put it brutal, by doing this you make sure the game doesn't hold your hand.

And in fact doesn't (nothing I could do for the footsteps on the walls, but ehi), too bad the game apparently doesn't really seem to put that much trust in you.

Here's what happens:

During a story/side mission, whenever I am in a certain room and I take more time than the game thinks I should spend before I manage to go out of there (maybe because I want to look for stuff, run around, try some moves, or maybe use my brain cause there's a secret bag nearby?) a message pops up:
    hold 'key' to activate runner vision.

...sigh. I mean, really: I choose to not being helped by you, and I know how to get to the option screen. Need me to continue?

Oh, but that's not the end of it, btw.
    Whenever there's a slightly stronger enemy nearby, here's a missive from my White Knight, ready at my rescue:
    press 'key'+A/S/D/whathere to dodge.
    Everytime.
    Even.at.the.endgame.

On the flipside, there's one thing I noticed:
    some of the side missions (delivery, diversion, race) assume the player will use runner vision, so it gives you just about the right time to beat them. I can understand race and delivery , cause you can still see the goal by opening the map, so you can tell where you need to go... but this doesn't happen in diversion mission, where all you have is a waypoint leading to dunnowhere, so in this case runner vision is basically required.

Cheers!

oh indeed me and you have common problems with this game
  • Can confirm all of the delivery/time trials or any time based missions are incredibly unfair unless you use Runner Vision. I have completed all of the main story and all of the non time based side missions without Runner Vision and the game is so much more enjoyable.. however the time trials are balanced so unfairly that they are near impossible unless you turn runner vision on.

It wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the **** loading time every time you have to retry the mission. In fact that is the worst thing in this game all over, the **** 10-30 sec loading time every time you die .. its absurd, why cant it just teleport Faith back to the appropriate location?! Why does it need to reload the entire engine just to move faith back? it obviously remembers the position she needs to go to .. why take us out of the game for that long?!

Sigh ... its just frustrating. I was afraid of this game being terrible .. but its actually nearly a perfect game but with 100's of "minor problems" weighing down.