/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Catalyst Origin Update — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Catalyst Origin Update

Flylken
27 posts
edited June 2016
Could this be the update that finally fixes the PC issues?

8lZVSYO.png

I opened up ME:C and found out theres an update just now. Hopefully it will fix some bugs us PC players been having.

Comments

• Leeching, ty for the head's up.

(And there I was, trying to put the game down for the rest of the day :p)
  • coth
    55 posts
    edited June 2016
    Cutscenes appears to be fixed. I don't see stuttering on GTX 970 with Hyper textures, but still it isn't smooth despite having 50-70 fps.
    Can't Alt-Tab out of game with windowed and borderless window modes. The window is now always on top... One bug less, one more...

Still they didn't fix most important problem - lack of community support.
  • Faithless
    4 posts
    edited June 2016
    Everything was fine for me before this update; smooth on a GTX 1080 with 1.5x Supersampling at 1080p, except for the cutscenes behaving very badly.
    Now my screen turns black 3 times when loading the level (like after falling). Also, checking/unchecking options in the Gameplay menu like "Enemy Position Reticule" causes the screen to go black for a second as well. Very weird and annoying.
    After all that the cutscenes are still messed up. <sarcasm>I think congratulations are in order.</sarcasm>
    Post edited by Faithless on
  • th3gh0sts
    5 posts
    edited June 2016
    I just get this:

it didn't happen before the patch, that's for sure!
  • The black flickers seem to definitely be a part of the update. Going into window or borderless window mode fixes this, but I find it to decrease my frames a few.
    Also, the game minimized every 10 seconds after a while.
  • coth
    55 posts
    edited June 2016
    coth wrote: »
    Cutscenes appears to be fixed.
    Nope, they don't. Such a shameful for EA...
  • no they don't, i have try to restart a new story to see how it goes and the cutscene who was stuttering, are always..

no point to redo the story at this point
  • Flylken wrote: »
    The black flickers seem to definitely be a part of the update. Going into window or borderless window mode fixes this, but I find it to decrease my frames a few.
    Also, the game minimized every 10 seconds after a while.

delete the file that has your settings and start the game - it works.