/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
New update makes game fail at start — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

New update makes game fail at start

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

New update makes game fail at start

My Amd Radeon HD 6670 is not able to get the brand new drivers that the game is insisting it should have installed. Origin doesn't allow me to downgrade so now I can't play the game period. My GPU may be old, but it was able to play the game very well until this new update says it won't allow it to play the game.

Comments

• And I don't know what to do about it. There is no specific error (the application just stops responding), and my rig should be good enough.

GPU: GeForce GTX 880M
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ
    CPU @ 2.40GHz RAM: 16 GB

Can anybody help me? I've waited this game for so long and this is getting really sad.
  • nomicide
    3 posts
    edited June 2016
    +1 Same here. Program runs for ~5 seconds and then just closes. No failures or crashes indicated. It just closes.

Additional note: It ran perfectly fine until the June 14th patch.
    Post edited by nomicide on
  • same thing happened to me with my r9 280x. I'm well within the required settings and didn't have any issues playing the game before now. AMD considers my drivers up to date and the install fails if I try to install the ones EA insists I need.
  • Update: After a complete removal of the game and re-download and install, the game runs properly again. It's sad that this game does not have a Repair option. Either way, at least it's working now.
  • Alright so I got the game a few days ago and I havn't been able to play it. I installed it via origin, and hit play... instantly crashed with a windows error. I've posted on the Origin forum and have not gotten a working solution yet and I've tried various options, updating everything... OS, drivers, origin, updates for the game itself. Clean booting and reinstalling, repairing, disabling AV.. ect.. nothing has worked and I am no closer to playing this game that I've waited many years for! Any help would be appreciated.

"Mirrors Edge Catalyst has stopped working"

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: MirrorsEdgeCatalyst.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.3.46934
    Application Timestamp: 5758425a
    Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
    Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 524f83ff
    Exception Code: c000001d
    Exception Offset: 0000000000099070
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1