/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
HELP ME!! I CAN'T RUN THE GAME ANYMORE!! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

HELP ME!! I CAN'T RUN THE GAME ANYMORE!!

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

HELP ME!! I CAN'T RUN THE GAME ANYMORE!!

Hi,

I bought this game and when I dowloaded I also downloaded the drivers from amd.com.. Now when I try to run the game it gives me an error and says that I have to update my drivers. I am currently running 15.20.1062 and I need to update to 16.20.1025... I tried to download the latest drivers. the 16.6.1.. It says everytime that the download is succesfully completed. Then when I try to run te game it still says the same!!

I paid almost 60 euro's for the game. And now I even can't play it..

Has anyone a solution on how i can play the game.. Or can help me. Because I ain't that good with computers!!

I am very desperate and I wan't to cry my eyes out!!

Comments

• AMD have ceased support for your graphics card. You can't download the latest drivers, because they don't provide them for your model anymore.

AMD support forum. When you're done complaining to them, there are workarounds in the other threads here, (that may or may not continue to work as patches continue.)
  • TheFezHat
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    Edit: Installing 16.6.1 fixed it. This naming convention makes no sense.
  • zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    If you don't match the minimal requirements there is no reason for complaining that it does not work. I paid almost 200 euros and would not complain if i had a potato PC that throws errors left and right.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Easy solution (you will need at least AMD Driver version 15.12):

Go to game's instalation folder.
    Open Patch Folder.
    Delete or Move (out of the Patch folder) the file initfs_Win32.
    Profit.
  • Even easier. Don't buy AMD
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Are you one of these...;?

https://consumerist.com/2006/02/06/did-nvidia-hire-online-actors-to-promote-their-products/

Not that you would admit it if you were...
  • zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    Are you one of these...;?

https://consumerist.com/2006/02/06/did-nvidia-hire-online-actors-to-promote-their-products/

Not that you would admit it if you were...

I got 74 posts on this forum in many topics. Various people are thanking me for the help they got with different problems. And i also happen to dislike AMD. Of course I'm paid, I mean that's obvious, nothing to hide there.

PS. Your article is 10 years old, I was 8 then. Couldn't you find something older?
    f81c33dd99.png
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Even easier. Don't buy AMD

lol. i have been with AMD for over 13 years and never had any issues with them. with nvidia.... now there i had issues like clipping, glitches, flickering with nearly every game. and yes, i had the latest and correct drivers for it.

but for the OP case, it does sound like his card is too old. better get a new one. at least AMD cards arent as expensive as nvidia.
  • metalrocks wrote: »
    zeraoo98 wrote: »

lol. i have been with AMD for over 13 years and never had any issues with them. with nvidia.... now there i had issues like clipping, glitches, flickering with nearly every game. and yes, i had the latest and correct drivers for it.

but for the OP case, it does sound like his card is too old. better get a new one. at least AMD cards arent as expensive as nvidia.

I have no idea how you manage to have purely artificial nature of bugs/glitches. Broken card is all i can say. Happens due to manufacturer like ASUS/EVGA/MSI/GYGABYTE etc, not Nvidia.

Ops card is as old as AMD thinks it might be. Equal Nvidias cars is still supported with latest drivers. Thus cost. Even tho with latest 1080/1070 cost/performance is hardly an argument, not to mention this fact:
    Nvidia got their current gen GTX 950 at the top of a value/performance chart. (Counting out Radeon 6000 for obvious reason) here.

f81c33dd99.png

Agreed... I had the same experience with nVidia in the past, but AMD works fine for me...

In any case, people will likely be able to at least get an RX 470 for ~%150 ish dollars soon, which gives performance similar to a GTX 970...
    I'm not worried that my game no longer runs properly right now. I ordered the game on Xbox One as well, and I've been waiting for the node shrink from 28nm to 14nm to upgrade... So when the RX 480 is released, I know I'm getting the 8GB version... And I'll switch from the Xbox One to the PC again.

It's too bad though... This game doesn't need the bad publicity... The review scores were already underwhelming, and this game must sell as much as possible for us to get another one...
  • I bought the game yesterday and can't start it. After opening I have white screen and the game freezes. Mu spec is i5, GTX970, 16GB Ram, SSD. I have latest nvidia drivers. What is going on ? Where I can escalate it ?
  • ici_chacal wrote: »
    I bought the game yesterday and can't start it. After opening I have white screen and the game freezes. Mu spec is i5, GTX970, 16GB Ram, SSD. I have latest nvidia drivers. What is going on ? Where I can escalate it ?

Tried reinstalling?
    f81c33dd99.png
  • @zeraoo98 so much for the oh so great nVidia drivers... Right...?

@ici_chacal it might be that the game defaults to the highest settings or something similar, making your GPU memory overflow, freezing the game.

Go to;
    Documents\Mirror's Edge Catalyst\Settings
    Search for the file named "PROF_SAVE_profile"
    Right click, open with Notepad...
    Press CTRL + F to search
    Type "render"

For any "render" that you find, if it has a "6" in front, change it to a "1".
    Example;
    If you find "6GstRender.LightingQuality", change it to "1GstRender.LightingQuality"

Only change settings that have a single number in front.
    Do not change anything else!

If the game starts up fine afterwards, as soon as you get the chance, change the video settings to your liking, make sure Memory restriction is enabled. Do not set anything to hyper.
  • ok.. I managed to open the game lowering the system spec. but how it can be for brand new PC with latest i5, GTX970 and fast memory RAM.
    BTW. there is another issue, the game freezes for one second every 10 s, this is frustrating... any solition for this. It look like the game try to do something in the background every 10s.
  • Hm... I'm not sure. You'll have to check your CPU load and GPU load, see if there are any spikes in it.
  • ok ... that was Origin issue... game try to upload stats every 10s but there was no connection with EA service... when I go offline in orgin it stops freezeing.
    Thanks with solving my first issue ! :)
  • Glad I could help. Have fun playing the game :)
  • @zeraoo98 lol, no, the card was not even 6 months old when i got it. one game that was included with the card, was really bad with the mentioned problems. even my friends found it hilarious that an included game did not work at all with the card. so i could not claim the card is broken when some games were fine.
    other games were still ok but had some issues i never had with AMD. once i had enough of these issues, i got my self an AMD and all of my problems disappeared.

i believe that nvida is good but if i can get nearly the same performance for half the price, i go for AMD. thats one of the reasons why i get them all the time.

@NightRunner good to see im not the only one who had these issues. shame though you have issues with the game.
    i have a radeon r9 290x and the game runs butter smooth on max settings. but it also has 4gb ram. the new card sound sweet too. but, as long my card can support everything with max settings, i will not change.
  • Glad I could help. Have fun playing the game :)

162t1w.jpg
    f81c33dd99.png
    @zeraoo98 lol, no, the card was not even 6 months old when i got it. one game that was included with the card, was really bad with the mentioned problems. even my friends found it hilarious that an included game did not work at all with the card. so i could not claim the card is broken when some games were fine.
    other games were still ok but had some issues i never had with AMD. once i had enough of these issues, i got my self an AMD and all of my problems disappeared.

i believe that nvida is good but if i can get nearly the same performance for half the price, i go for AMD. thats one of the reasons why i get them all the time.

@NightRunner good to see im not the only one who had these issues. shame though you have issues with the game.
    i have a radeon r9 290x and the game runs butter smooth on max settings. but it also has 4gb ram. the new card sound sweet too. but, as long my card can support everything with max settings, i will not change.

You can get broken card even if you are able to use it for 6 month. My first nvidia card was sure broken as ****. I say it's the manufacturers fault tho, not the blueprint producer (not nvidia). So i went ahead and changed my gpu at the seller, and everything was fine after. Lesson learned: ASUS makes not-so-good-quality testing of their GPUs.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »

You can get broken card even if you are able to use it for 6 month. My first nvidia card was sure broken as ****. I say it's the manufacturers fault tho, not the blueprint producer (not nvidia). So i went ahead and changed my gpu at the seller, and everything was fine after. Lesson learned: ASUS makes not-so-good-quality testing of their GPUs.

it wasnt broken. as i said, some games worked fine. this one included game on the other hand was terrible. and it wasnt an ASUS card. it was sephire.

my current GPU (not nvidia) is from ASUS and no problems for over a year now.
  • KSA wrote: »
    Easy solution (you will need at least AMD Driver version 15.12):

Open Patch Folder.
    Profit.

bro I love u, it really worked, I cant belibe it's working again
  • KSA wrote: »
    Easy solution (you will need at least AMD Driver version 15.12):

Open Patch Folder.
    Profit.

wow i personally contacted EA on this issue and they told me to do a whole bunch of stuff that never worked YET THIS DID! thanks dude. your a saint