/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
3rd BSOD since patch, 2nd loss of all progress — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

3rd BSOD since patch, 2nd loss of all progress

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

3rd BSOD since patch, 2nd loss of all progress

This is the only game that does this to my PC. I justified the first restart to myself as enforced practice but I am getting fed up. I did start backing up the latest sabve files on my HD but made a mistake and replaced the backed up one with the corrupt one and now I am back at the beginning again. It's infuriating. Can anyone possibly send me a save file from just before "Payback"? Yes, that's right, I've got to the second to last mission twice now before the game sabotages itself with an ugly BSOD. Grr.

Comments

• Why not just restore from your Origin cache? It keeps at least two at any one time. They're in the appdata directory.
  • ninemil wrote: »
    Why not just restore from your Origin cache? It keeps at least two at any one time. They're in the appdata directory.

Wow, what a great suggestion. Is appdata on the same drive as the game files or the data files? My game install is on E: (non- Steam). Thank you!
  • Hmm, cannot find anything in Origin cache. Perhaps the files are renamed. Does anyone know?
  • Can anyone send me a mid-campaign save file? I am not sure I have the energy to start the game for the third time.
  • zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    Strummer wrote: »
    Can anyone send me a mid-campaign save file? I am not sure I have the energy to start the game for the third time.

I'm making backups every now and then and can send you 7 of those i got, you can try and see wich one is best for you. Add me on origin. Same name as here.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Strummer
    6 posts
    edited June 2016
    Delete, sry.
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Strummer wrote: »
    Can anyone send me a mid-campaign save file? I am not sure I have the energy to start the game for the third time.

I'm making backups every now and then and can send you 7 of those i got, you can try and see wich one is best for you. Add me on origin. Same name as here.

Request sent. Many thanks!
  • Strummer wrote: »

Request sent. Many thanks!

Files sent ;)
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Thank you! Much appreciated. Your Save #3 was exactly where I was at. These BSODs are a huge pain. I will start making my own saves now, at the end of each main mission. Thanks again.
  • Strummer wrote: »
    Hmm, cannot find anything in Origin cache. Perhaps the files are renamed. Does anyone know?
    The files in that directory are a cache of your entire save collection, across all games. One is the current file, one is the previous save, one is a backup.

Seems like you already have a solution tho, so it'll be too late now.
    Seems like you already have a solution tho, so it'll be too late now.

I had no idea about that cache, and was forced to restart my game once, so I learned me something new today :p
    f81c33dd99.png
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    I had no idea about that cache, and was forced to restart my game once, so I learned me something new today :p
    Saved me when I lost a 60+ hour ME3 save. It's a little tricky to manipulate if it's your first time doing it, but when you understand how Origin controls the files, it's a really, really handy second line of defence.
    zeraoo98 wrote: »
    Saved me when I lost a 60+ hour ME3 save. It's a little tricky to manipulate if it's your first time doing it, but when you understand how Origin controls the files, it's a really, really handy second line of defence.

Yeah, i always make multiple save files for that reason. Sucks to loose it all. Gaming is time craving enough, but gaming and loosing it all is just insane. :#
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Hey zeraoo98 I just friend requested you on origin could you send me those saves as well? I literally just had this happen to my MEC game :confounded:
    ninemil wrote: »

Yeah, i always make multiple save files for that reason. Sucks to loose it all. Gaming is time craving enough, but gaming and loosing it all is just insane. :#