/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Mission markers keep vanishing between sessions — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Mission markers keep vanishing between sessions

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Mission markers keep vanishing between sessions

Kept noticing this since at least the last patch: When I quit the game having started a main mission before, the map marker for it is gone.

Good luck finding the location I guess. When I get near, like very close, it re-appears. So far been able to memorize where I need to go, at least a general direction, but I guess this will get messy later on when the the map opens up to more areas.

Not directly game breaking, though it teams up nicely with the broken cutscenes and gives an overall experience of a flawed game. :smile:
GODzilla ®

Comments

• Oh and here is a workaround: Neither the online-map (http://www.mirrorsedge.com/map) nor the companion app suffer this bug. It's just the game (what a surprise lol).

So if you're losing your mission marker and have no idea where to go, check one of these out after logging in.
    GODzilla ®
  • Aaand I even found the trigger. When you have an active mission marker and you do ANY kind of side activity or sidequest, it will vanish.. If it's the second main mission in a row you also have to quit the game because only then will the map in the companion app / online map refresh itself with the latest ingame informations and your new main mission marker will appear there.

Quite frankly, this bug is getting more and more annoying. Playing two missions in a session becomes almost impossible unless you memorized the area where you need to go or stumple upon it by accident.

Two weeks since release and major bugs like this exist. -.-
    GODzilla ®
  • this game is a mess.
    I can't find the main mission neither in companion app or the website
  • this game is a mess.
    I can't find the main mission neither in companion app or the website

When this happens you somehow have to load an old savegame. Or you have to check a walthrough for where the mission is. Or better take a screenshot when the mission marker is still there. No wait, not possible, some of the patches disabled any kind of overlay, the game has no screenshot button and Origin doesn't have this feature neither. *sigh*

Yes, it's a very **** bug and almost in the game ruining league, but it seems DICE simply doesn't care. Just remember when they release the next game. ^^
    GODzilla ®
  • You have a phone, use that to take screenshot :-P or use Shadowplay or plays.tv running so it can take screenshots. You don't need to have video recording on for this
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Or take up a piece of paper and a pencil and just draw a map! DICE just wants us to sharpen our drawing skills lol. :smiley:
    GODzilla ®
  • Good to see that this still isn't fixed. We really need consintency here, good work.
    GODzilla ®