/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Do security cameras gets fixed?? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Do security cameras gets fixed??

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Do security cameras gets fixed??

So when you get scanned by a security camera on the rooftops, it sends out a vtol and ksec patrols after you which I really love, but when you distrupt a camera, does it stay broken?? Because then other wise ksec patrols won't come after you... Do they eventually go back to normal and still send out ksec patrols after you??

Comments

• Xpectakill
    36 posts
    edited June 2016
    They get fixed

Edit: I guess everyone else seems to think they stay broken lol. Rip me. But I swear I keep killing the same ones over and over sometimes. I'll pay more attention next time to see for sure.
    Post edited by Xpectakill on
  • I don't think they get fixed. I'm trying to disabled all of them and I've never seen any come back.
  • Xpectakill wrote: »
    They get fixed

How long does it take because I haven't seen any start working again in my game yet? I thought they stayed disrupted, I'm playing on the xbox so it's maybe a difference in platforms?
  • They don't get fixed. I have a sneaky suspicion you might even get a runner tag for disabling them all.
  • Is this some kind of unlockable, later in the game? Still am very early in the story I guess (after Elysium building) and I did notice cameras noticing me, but nothing happened. Or maybe I didn't stick around long enough to find out. ^^
    GODzilla ®
  • GODzilla wrote: »
    Is this some kind of unlockable, later in the game? Still am very early in the story I guess (after Elysium building) and I did notice cameras noticing me, but nothing happened. Or maybe I didn't stick around long enough to find out. ^^
    Disrupting them is a later unlock. The cameras will always call for assistance is you stay in their field of view too long, regardless of where you are in the game.
  • no, they wont get fixed. i have disabled a lot of them and even when i run around to find all the collectables, regardless how many times i enter the game, or fast travel, they stay down. so much better when you wonder around without this aggravating sound "scanning faceprint" every 5 meters.
  • Have you noticed that when you disable the cameras in your path before a test run or delivery mission it's more likely you finish the mission on time? I think the cameras slows you down when they look at you
  • GreyHawk wrote: »
    Have you noticed that when you disable the cameras in your path before a test run or delivery mission it's more likely you finish the mission on time? I think the cameras slows you down when they look at you
    I've never done this before, but I'll definitely try it and see if it works. Thanks for the tip! I'm the worst at delivery missions.
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.
  • I think the cameras sometimes get fixed and sometimes don't. If you disrupt 1 or 2 cameras in a short period, they won't get fixed. But if you break more you will hear KSEC calling to send some people to "investigate" and then some cameras will be fixed.
  • I think the cameras sometimes get fixed and sometimes don't. If you disrupt 1 or 2 cameras in a short period, they won't get fixed. But if you break more you will hear KSEC calling to send some people to "investigate" and then some cameras will be fixed.

this has never happened. i once stood around and waited a bit but no one showed up. and regardless how many times i have came across that spot, the camera was never fixed.
  • Just as a sort of update, it's now been almost 2 months and definitely no security cameras get fixed. For about a month, I've been running around trying to find the last ones, after I finished collecting everything else...
  • GeoffreyOmega
    92 posts
    edited August 2016
    After disabling as many as I can, I've never found any that get fixed. They just stay down. Not a big deal though, I prefer it this way, I was kind of annoyed at them to parkour freely around and explore without being bothered.
    I think K-sec should be a bit "more" common but less in 4 group. Like one guard here and there and you could stop him from calling backup if you're fast enough.
    Would work pretty well for weak ennemies but be more difficult if they added sentinels on the roof for example. Script of patrolling could be implemented too rather than just staying there and be alert when the player is close enough (I still hate the fact they detect you by distance and not by sight, it kinda kill the effect of surprise).
  • Disabling security cameras is actually really satisfying. But it is annoying when KrugerSec show up and prevent you from completing an opportunity mission or something. I agree with the ideas in:
    After disabling as many as I can, I've never found any that get fixed. They just stay down. Not a big deal though, I prefer it this way, I was kind of annoyed at them to parkour freely around and explore without being bothered.
    I think K-sec should be a bit "more" common but less in 4 group. Like one guard here and there and you could stop him from calling backup if you're fast enough.
    Would work pretty well for weak ennemies but be more difficult if they added sentinels on the roof for example. Script of patrolling could be implemented too rather than just staying there and be alert when the player is close enough (I still hate the fact they detect you by distance and not by sight, it kinda kill the effect of surprise).

because KrugerSec's appearance throughout the open world is too random for me. With some predictability you can have fun trying to work ways around it, rather than them just being a nuisance (script of patrolling could be implemented). And yes, when the Alert State is too high, you're forced to abandon whatever you're doing and 'get out of sight' (I think K-Sec should be . . . less in 4 group).
    Survival is overrated. You need to live a little too.