/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Dynamic Time of Day is broken [SOLVED] — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Dynamic Time of Day is broken [SOLVED]

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Dynamic Time of Day is broken [SOLVED]

CookieMan
30 posts
edited June 2016
This relates back to my old topic, but I have found that dynamic time of day is broken. Whenever I replay a mission, it changes to a specific time of day depending on what the mission was. When I abort the mission, the world is stuck on that time of day and will not change between day and night. I don't know how to fix this, I'm also on ps4. If anyone knows how to fix this please help.

Edit: this issue is solved and I wrote how I fixed it down in the reply section.
"I'm gonna' run."
Post edited by CookieMan on

Comments

• CookieMan wrote: »
    This relates back to my old topic, but I have found that dynamic time of day is broken. Whenever I replay a mission, it changes to a specific time of day depending on what the mission was. When I abort the mission, the world is stuck on that time of day and will not change between day and night. I don't know how to fix this, I'm also on ps4. If anyone knows how to fix this please help.

How long have you waited?
    f81c33dd99.png
  • @CookieMan try completing a mission instead of aborting it
    @zeraoo98 that "vaporwave aesthetics" banner is way too edgy for me xD
    Don't get lost...
  • zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    Simplex wrote: »
    @CookieMan try completing a mission instead of aborting it

ⓉⒽⒶⓃⓀⓈ Ⓜ➑
    ⒻⒺⒺⓁ ⓉⒽⒺ ⓋⒶⓅⓄⓇ
    ⒷⓇⒺⒶⓉⒽ ⓉⒽⒺ ⓋⒶⓅⓄⓇ
    ⓉⒶⓈⓉⒺ ⓉⒽⒺ ⓋⒶⓅⓄⓇ
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Simplex wrote: »

I did complete the mission, it went through the normal cycle but when it reaches that "8PM" looking time where the sky gets dark but still blue and the moon barely comes out.. The time of day gets stuck there. I've also waited for over an hour now just doing deliveries and it's still stuck :/
    "I'm gonna' run."

I did complete the mission, it went through the normal cycle but when it reaches that "8PM" looking time where the sky gets dark but still blue and the moon barely comes out.. The time of day gets stuck there. I've also waited for over an hour now just doing deliveries and it's still stuck :/

Wait for like 4-5 hrs. I'm fully serious. The day/night cycle in the game is looong.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »
    CookieMan wrote: »

Wait for like 4-5 hrs. I'm fully serious. The day/night cycle in the game is looong.

It never used to be like that? :/
    "I'm gonna' run."
    zeraoo98 wrote: »

It never used to be like that? :/

It acts up sometimes i guess
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Okay it is still not fixed. I need a dev to see if they have an answer.
    "I'm gonna' run."
  • Update: I have done a fresh installation of the game as well as played a few story missions over again. The cycle of day will go about normally, but once it reaches the beginning of night the cycle stops and the time of day is frozen. Can a dev please look into this because another person on reddit is having the same issue as I and we are both on ps4.
    "I'm gonna' run."
  • Not sure if there is anyone from DICE on these forums. Sorry!
  • LukeCypert wrote: »
    Not sure if there is anyone from DICE on these forums. Sorry!

I sure get warning for being "rude to other community members" so haha.... Someone is here.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • Rassatu
    28 posts
    edited June 2016
    Update: I have done a fresh installation of the game as well as played a few story missions over again. The cycle of day will go about normally, but once it reaches the beginning of night the cycle stops and the time of day is frozen. Can a dev please look into this because another person on reddit is having the same issue as I and we are both on ps4.

try to solve your problem via ea online chat, maybe they can help;
    help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
    " Once this city used to pulse with energy; dirty and dangerous but alive and wonderful. Now, it is something else. "

• Ok so good news! My game was acting up, things on my map such as safe houses and omnistat tunnels were disappearing, so I figured, why don't I just start a new game and refresh everything? So I did, and it solved everything. I got to replay the story (which was even better the second time) and now I can go explore the city some more and try to find all those hidden collectables again! Everything is fixed and as it should be now.. There was no other way to solve the time of day problem it seemed. If anyone else has this problem I strongly suggest just creating a new game, considering you won't lose much besides the in-city collectables and story/side mission progress. All dash times and trials are still there and my runner kits are all still saved to my account as well. Thank you to everyone who attempted to help me, now I'm gonna get back to running :)
    "I'm gonna' run."