/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Dashes need ghosts! — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Dashes need ghosts!

I'm shocked and disappointed that you can't view your friends' ghosts during Dashes. Dashes are like dev generated time trials, so they are generally far more polished than user-generated time trials. As such, everyone I know wants to compete in them yet we can't even see each other's ghosts!

Please add this functionality in a patch, DICE!

Comments

• Ghosts for dashes give people the ability to watch someone else's 3 star route w/o looking for it themselves. This makes these challenges obsolete.
    Don't get lost...
  • What Simplex said.

Also worth noting how much data it'd result in DICE having to store and serve. The game was made with an initial team of 40 and a shoestring budget to ensure financial viability. Better to sacrifice a feature to help release the game, than not have the game at all.
  • Simplex wrote: »
    Ghosts for dashes give people the ability to watch someone else's 3 star route w/o looking for it themselves. This makes these challenges obsolete.

Agreed, though I do think the Dashes should show the end point on your HUD, rather than just a basic route to take. Repeated tries help you to remember where it is and how you might be able to get there, but for longer ones it's hard to construct your own route to get three stars or to even get 1st place on the leaderboard (or close to it).

Is the lack of a HUD marker for the end of the Dash a bug or is it intentional?
  • luzi82y
    2 posts
    edited June 2016
    Simplex wrote: »
    Ghosts for dashes give people the ability to watch someone else's 3 star route w/o looking for it themselves. This makes these challenges obsolete.

Agree +1

Suggestion: How about showing the player's self best playing ghost? I can learn from racing with my own self.
  • I agree OP. If only to find out how these people are getting insanely good times.
  • I'm wondering why there isn't ghosts in the game? What's the point in not having ghosts 'when there's multiple choices of ScanLine colors and patterns' of Faith to choose from out of the Runner's Kits you earn from playing it? Isn't that meant for the ghosts you race against, including your own? They couldn't do this for your own Runner's Vision if you had that turned on, even if it's set at 'Classic'?
  • I'm wondering why there isn't ghosts in the game? What's the point in not having ghosts 'when there's multiple choices of ScanLine colors and patterns' of Faith to choose from out of the Runner's Kits you earn from playing it? Isn't that meant for the ghosts you race against, including your own? They couldn't do this for your own Runner's Vision if you had that turned on, even if it's set at 'Classic'?

There are ghosts in the game, but only when running user-created Time Trials.
  • I always thought it'd be best to be able to see someone else's ghost in free roam. Then there would feel like a good enough reason to put the friend map maker on your map. Because for now, all it says is "your friends are playing. Whoop-de-doo".
  • I agree, the ghosts/echoes/whatever we're supposed to call them now are very underutilised, especially considering all the options we have for customising them. There is that one very weird use of them in the game missions too, I think it's in either Talia or Erato (both missions with Birdman) where you find that
    another runner has stolen the tags from Birdman's birds, because you see their echo/ghost
    . It's very out of place and never explained, and still we have no real use for our own ghosts/echoes.
  • Exactly. The heck?
  • I know this is old, but still. We should at least be able to see our own ghost in a dash. I have to remember times at random landmarks, to try and judge how well I'm doing. Disappointment!