/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Console Commands for 3rd person mode? — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Console Commands for 3rd person mode?

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Console Commands for 3rd person mode?

Is there any way to enable third person perspective? I know when you look down you can see your body so I'm guessing it should be possible, even if faith has no head, lol. I just thought it would be cool to see your runs from a new perspective, as the animations look really nice.

Comments

• zeraoo98
    130 posts
    edited June 2016
    CDM510 wrote: »
    Is there any way to enable third person perspective? I know when you look down you can see your body so I'm guessing it should be possible, even if faith has no head, lol. I just thought it would be cool to see your runs from a new perspective, as the animations look really nice.

Of course she got a head. Look in the reflection.
    f81c33dd99.png
  • zeraoo98 wrote: »

Of course she got a head. Look in the reflection.

well all the more reason for this. I figured the model used for 1st person would not have one for clipping issues, because at higher FOV settings it seems like you can see the 'top' of faith's model/body from some angles. either way, it would be a fun little mode, maybe a nice little bit of FreeLC down the road for people who have played the game out to get a fresh take on the experience.
  • The first game has the option and all you had to do was add one line of code. I've been looking everywhere for some help on this, but so far nothing more then "yeah, that'd be cool". <Sigh>
  • I don't think there will be third person available, unless we can mod it or hack the coding again somehow, which I doubt. Even if we could play in third person, it would look pretty terrible, judging by the awful reflections we see of Faith and the fact her mouth and sometimes even her body don't move when you look in shadows/mirrors.
  • You can just get the MEC Cinematic Tools. The camera is changeable and can be locked on to Faith in third person. But it's glitchy and can result in her head not showing, hair textures not looking right (or no hair at all), and the camera will go through walls and other things.
  • NeloAngelo086
    25 posts
    edited July 2016
    The game is not meant to be played in 3rd person , the motion captures are key programed , they only look good in first person , in 3rd you'll see nothing but wierd movement since it wasnt done by real people like most motion captures this days, plus there's very little transaction betwen a movement to another on Faith to make the gameplay more tecnical and responsive, a realistic motion capture done by people would require natural transaction betwen movement that would mess up the good response the gameplay has, only way the 3rd person view would look good is if was done with mocap .I'm no programer but as far as i know I dont think I'm wrong. Just telling you this because it will look awful to play the game like that
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    The first game was challenging in it's own way to play in third-person. But I did it anyways to see if I could do it, and I did. I like(d) it because it's funny to see how weird it looks and it offers more play time (for me). But I totally get what you're saying. I mean, the third-person hack for the first game offered probably 20 more hours of playtime for me. (Which isn't a lot, but still.)
  • Teto
    137 posts
    You know, I'm not really sure at 100% that 3rd view would be that bad in this one, because sometimes I did parkour aside a wall with reflections, and I saw nothing weird. But for the precise gameplay I think it's much better to be in fps
  • I don't know how this person did it, but this video here is somebody playing in third person.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited July 2016
    I don't know how this person did it, but this video here is somebody playing in third person.

In the video description, there's this:

Download link of Hattiwatti's cinematic tools:
    http://cinetools.xyz/games/
    Download link of Mirror's Edge Catalyst Time Changer:
    https://bitbucket.org/timm0e/mec-tc-r...
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited August 2016
    Post edited by Imaproshaman on
  • Yea I would also like an updated link of the time changer. Is it still around somewhere?
  • Teto
    137 posts
    The video is funny, she looses her hair sometimes, we can't see her face, she looses her head during the 3rd person finishes...
  • So there's one main problem with this, however. The problem with me not being able to use my keyboard or trackpad within the game or even the Origin overlay, so it makes it so I literally can't even try this. Dang.
  • Blairh448 wrote: »
    Yea I would also like an updated link of the time changer. Is it still around somewhere?

I found it, and it works great!! Just make sure that the game is running first. Sometimes it doesn't work even when enabled, but that's only happened I think once. https://bitbucket.org/timm0e/mec-tc-release/wiki/MEC-TC
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited August 2016
    Blairh448 wrote: »
    Yea I would also like an updated link of the time changer. Is it still around somewhere?

I found it, and it works great!! Just make sure that the game is running first. Sometimes it doesn't work even when enabled, but that's only happened I think once. https://bitbucket.org/timm0e/mec-tc-release/wiki/MEC-TC

I found the problem. Don't enable the Activate button. It seems to make it not work for some reason. Also, setting the exact number to a string of five 4's, is the perfect mid-day. A warning: playing Release and Back In The Game during the day really screws up the lighting and makes it nearly impossible to see, just as playing The Shard at night does. The side missions don't really seem to be affected that much when played at night, except that it may be slightly darker depending on what the time is set to.
  • I found an updated version! The only problem, is that I can't seem to figure out how to move the camera unless for still shots.