/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Weird Game Choices — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Weird Game Choices

There are quite a few things in game that struck me as... not bad, but just weird. Am I the only one who thought that the default runner tag for a player being a bird was a strange choice when it could have been the proper game logo? And the great rain effect at the start of the game/tutorial was so beautiful, yet it's only used once, which is a real waste. There are so many weird choices. Does anybody else agree or know of any other decisions that just seem strange?

Comments

• Willing to bet the weather cycle was cut due to the bone.

The bird is a philosophical representation. Apt, given the volume of social commentary in the game.
  • Glass.

I want to be able to tell from a distance where I can go and where I can't. It's a parkour game after all.
    Glass just doesn't allow that kind of approach.
  • killchan wrote: »
    Glass.

I want to be able to tell from a distance where I can go and where I can't. It's a parkour game after all.
    Glass just doesn't allow that kind of approach.

Yeah, it bothers me that there's only a couple of paths between places too. There don't seem to be that many options.