/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Game won't start, update, or repair. — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Game won't start, update, or repair.

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Game won't start, update, or repair.

My copy of catalyst on origin seems to be broken in every way. Whenever I try to start it up it appears in the task bar for half a second and then disappears leaving me with no game launch. I try to repair the game and the repair finalization gets stuck at 46% every time and wont move no matter how long i leave it (even after 2 days). When I try and update it gets to 100% then pauses. I don't know what to do. I've updated my drivers, I've reinstalled the game and origin multiple times. Ive tried to run offline, online, through admin. Nothing seems to do anything. Other origin games still work just not mirror's edge.

Comments

• Same problem for me. Game ran fine before the patch, now it won't even start anymore. Clicking on play seems to do nothing at all!!! Reparing doesn't find any problems.
  • jup same here but it dosn´t even appear in the task bar origin tells me "In Game Mirrors Edge Catalyst" but nothing really happens. After a few seconds origin realizes that the game is´t running and goes back to "online". Also tried to start as admin ect. but nothing seems to work. If somebody knows anything please help us otherwise I have to reinstall... :/
  • Did you both install Origin with administration privileges, or just the game? This sounds like a right's issue.

If that doesn't help, best thing you can do is report the problem here.
  • So it is running again after I reinstalled the game so I think that origin was not the issue. For some reason though my save game was lost in the process (yes I enabled cloud storage but its gone anyway).

Now I am f**** **** not because I have to replay the story (game is short af after all) but because all the glidlinks cameras ect. are back again and I hated to collect/destroy them... This games makes it not easy to like it.
  • Google restoring from Origin's save cache. If you've not started the game too many times since the reinstall, there should be a backup of your old saves in appdata/Origin.
  • prisoner
    1 posts
    edited August 2016
    i had this problem. but when i disabled origin when playing it worked :D
    Post edited by prisoner on