/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Out of Bounds — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums
Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Out of Bounds

tinypanmilk
130 posts
edited August 2016
Is there any way in Catalyst to get out of map boundaries? e/g on the original game you were able to kick glitch, or even sometimes just pull regular moves, in order to reach street level or other areas you weren't supposed to reach. Often it would reveal lots of glitches and interesting spots, which I really enjoyed. Obviously we don't have kick glitching in Catalyst so I was wondering if anybody's been able to get out of the map/reach a secret spot on the map. (Beat L.Es are obviously for this sort of thing but so far I haven't seen any except people leaving them just on regular rooftops in easy places.)
Post edited by EAMod_Mike on

Comments

• There is indeed a pretty fun glitch that allows you to fall to some places without dying. Though I'm not going to discuss it here, as DICE might don't want people to enjoy how fun it is to go out of bounds and patch the glitch. Just go and do some research on Google and you'll find that glitch. :smile:
  • I'll be posting some more out of bounds videos on my YouTube channel. I'm making a video on how to get back into Elysium Labs today. Check my latest out of bounds video out here: :)
  • there is a way to get to ground level in the first mission. I can make a video about that if you want
  • The crouch floating glitch is helpful in gliding down to unreachable places
  • It's almost concerning just how many OOB areas there are in this game that are easily reachable with just wall climbing. Not to mention with the Glide Glitch.
  • Kind of a pity they patched them up. Some were really nice and docile - it's not like you can cheat your way in the Shard bottom out of bounds area. Maybe they would somehow have additions in the city area they want to hide? ;)
    "Yeah yeah I'm sure the birds are real impressed Faith, but once you're done showing off think you might concentrate on some actual work?!!" - Merc
  • Wow. Looking back at these posts makes me feel kinda nostalgic? This was 1 year ago holy moly.
    I am Iman.
  • Imaproshaman
    135 posts
    edited June 29
    ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Wow. Looking back at these posts makes me feel kinda nostalgic? This was 1 year ago holy moly.

Man, time sure flies when you're having fun, ah? (I'm 445 hours in?! SHEESH.)
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    Wow. Looking back at these posts makes me feel kinda nostalgic? This was 1 year ago holy moly.

I had 338~ hours in it.
    The same hours with my BF4. And BF4 is an older game. *awkward*
    I am Iman.
  • ImUrFriend wrote: »
    ImUrFriend wrote: »

I had 338~ hours in it.
    The same hours with my BF4. And BF4 is an older game. *awkward*

I have 250 in Portal 2 and 630-something in GTAV. The latter of which I only stopped playing because bad hardware wasn't worth the effort and crashes, lol.