/// This is an archived version of the official forums, which went offline in September 2017. Functionality is limited. Visit the Mirror's Edge Archive to learn more. ///
Something interesting... (Spoilers) — Mirror's Edge™ Catalyst Forums

Something interesting... (Spoilers)

Forum Closure and Move to Answers HQ - read more here!

Something interesting... (Spoilers)

Bird_Of_Faith
161 posts
edited July 2016
So i noticed something interesting while playing the game, I've finished the story and all a while back, but I noticed that in one of the cutscenes after faith gets krugers gridprint, she gives it to plastic. Plastic is overall blown away at the type of access she has to lots of information, but she also mentions something while she's going through it, firts she says "known omnistat operatives, krugerDef exotic weapons. PROJECT ARES..." What is project Ares?? This could most likely mean nothing, but maybe this is something even more sinister, that might possibly be a part of a sequel?? This is just what I think, i feel anything starting with project having to do something with Kruger is something that he doesn't want people knowing about, especially after reflection. Maybe since Cat is now the new head of KrugerSec, this might be something she continues on with in a sequel which brings more trouble to the runners, maybe project ARES is similar to project Icarus in the first game, maybe it has the same purpose??? Let me know what you think, im sure im not the first to spot this PROJECT ARES...

Comments

• This is something I noticed too. Probably some stuff added for a possible sequel. There was also the gridWatch...did you notice? Who knows, those might play a part in a future game or dlc.
  • I also picked up on this and as soon as I heard it in the cutscene I actually exclaimed to myself that, that would be the basis of a follow up game or possible DLC. I can definitely see it being used as a 'Catalyst' for an expansion. Excuse the pun. I really hope it is part of the DLC or a sequel to this game as it does sound interesting.
  • yeah, im very intrigued by it, it seems like it was put there for a reason maybe... who knows...
  • I remember it too and now you've all got me curious.................... :)
  • Buraku78
    19 posts
    edited July 2016
    yeah...like

Follow me along...

The gridWatch comes after Plastic or something. They trash her lair or maybe they come after Faith.
    Faith gets ****... but they are so good at hiding their tracks that there is no way to find their location. So the only way to get to them is by actually infiltrating the net and finding their location from inside the net. Not only do you have to traverse a Matrix like world...you also have to deal with viruses, antiviruses, bugs, glitches and God knows what else.
    That'd be so sick for a story mission.

My two cents.
    Post edited by EAMod_Mike on
  • Buraku78 wrote: »
    yeah...like

Follow me along...

The gridWatch comes after Plastic or something. They trash her lair or maybe they come after Faith.
    Faith gets pisseddd... but they are so good at hiding their tracks that there is no way to find their location. So the only way to get to them is by actually infiltrating the net and finding their location from inside the net. Not only do you have to traverse a Matrix like world...you also have to deal with viruses, antiviruses, bugs, glitches and God knows what else.
    That'd be so sick for a story mission.

My two cents.

Wow lol :D good one tho.